Free Fujifilm DVD!

Click Here to get a free DVD from Fujifilm! :cool: I think they go threw 16mm and 35mm stocks. Just thought it might intrest some of you and hey, it's free!

From the site...
Take a closer look at the Super F-Series! See at a glance the unique properties of each member of this exciting new film family. Would you like your own copy of Fujifilm Motion Picture's The Screening Room sent to you free? As an industry professional, we'd like you to be familiar with all we have to offer. See the challenges and successes other DPs experienced, and the solutions they found through Fujifilm. Just fill out the form below and we'll send you your complimentary copy.

My package arrived Saturday. :D

It came in a big bubblewrap envelope.

It contains:

Two copies of "Exposure" magasine, which apparently plugs Hollywood films that used Fuji.

A dozen full-size pamphlets on each of the Fuji filmstocks. All kinds of charts & graphs all over the place.

A DVD, which is actually pretty interesting. Especially when they do the same shots over & over using different filmstock. They make gratuitous use of the word "stops", which I am fairly clueless about... but it sounds important to be mentioned so many times.

Several camera operators have their own segments on it, where they do voiceover comments about what they are filming... and some are better than others. One of them is just awful with his dialogue, but he knows how to use a camera.

"I noticed, with my keen cinemagraphic eye, that the shadows were much darker than the highlights. My lightmeter confirmed my suspicions... 3 1/2 stops." :lol:

Wow, might have to get one as well Zen!

Stops are measure of light. The lower the number the more light let through the lens. I'm guessing they were talking about the dynamic range of the filmstock - that is the measure from black to white which is commonly refered to in terms of stops.

Got my Fuji packet today!:woohoo: Wow lots of stuff in there and all FREE! If you havn't signed up to get this yet, it's all very intresting stuff to learn about and look at. I havn't watched all the DVD yet, but the stocks that intrest and have impressed me the most have been F-125, F-64D and F-400. When I get a 16mm camera I'm going to be buying shortends/recans of these stocks and testing them out.

Now I'm just wondering if Kodak sends out a similar packet about there film stocks....:haha: rushes to Kodak's site.

Back