• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

pitch a story - just for fun

sfoster

Staff Member
totally off the cuff, just make something up..

a man is at a pet store with his dog, a sickly looking skeleton of a beast
the man finishes paying for a new toy, when a nearby customer asks why the dog is so skinny. the man looks disheartened, then says that his building has a 25 lb weight limit for dogs, so he had to lose 20lbs or give him up. people in the store suddenly look horrified upon hearing this news. what a poor dog they gasp, looking at the bones protruding from it's body.

animal control come and take the dog from him at his home later in the evening, but it's a pitbull. they cannot find a new home for the dog because of the terrible reputation and the dog is put down. the man is beside himself with rage, and he writes a strongly worded letter. it falls on deaf ears, no one cares about his dead dog. so he gets a new puppy and then the state takes that from him too, saying he is never allowed to own another dog.

it's the last straw, the man snaps. he goes to the office at gunpoint, samuel jackson is brought in as a hostage negotiator. the man is talked talked down at the last minute. when he is in jail samuel jackson comes by to visit every once in a while, and he brings his own dog and lets the man play with it.

the end

A 37 year old white woman sees a 16 year old black man stealing from a rolled down car window.
"that man is stealing!" she looks around panicked, but no one is paying attention
the man's eyes focus on her.
we see real fear in her face as she reaches for her phone, hand trembling to call 911
the man starts to move toward her, as she moves away he begins sprinting.
The woman is running now, a foot chase ensues.
she climbs up a ladder trying to escape, but he grabs her ankle.
she falls down on top of him, he smacks his head on the ground because of the force.
trash cans are knocked over, and while the man is disoriented she finds a broken bottle and then stabs him in the neck, fatally.
well then it takes a twist, the man was grabbing something from the rolled down window of his own car, he was never stealing anything. it spirals into a huge court room drama, and the media of course throws gasoline on the fire. Everyone is riled up into thinking she only killed this man because he was black and it was a hate crime. eventually she gets proven innocent on the manslaughter charges. It was self defense, but she has minor PTSD and lives her life in fear now. Every time black people go by she has to lock her doors because she has received so many death threats. the final twist is that all of the hate poisoners her and she becomes a real racist herself by the end of it

A man works a horrible job inside his tiny cubicle. His boss is a @$$, and his coworkers treat him like $#!t. Every day he daydreams about killing them. One day before leaving, he has another daydream about killing his boss. Unfortunately, he does not wake up from this dream. He has just killed his boss. While dragging the bosses body down a long flight of stairs, he falls down, and breaks his neck and arms. Blood is everywhere. A cell phone is right by him. He can call the cops (and go to jail for life), or he can die a long, painful next to the body of the man he killed. Fade to black.

shrouded by shrubbery, we see a woman swimming in a pool.
she climbs out of the water, dripping wet in her skimpy suit, then bounces in slow motion on the diving board. she dives in the water, and when she surfaces there are a pair of feet standing in front of her.
a shriek escapes from her gut, and she see's a masked man standing tall
'i don't want to hurt you' he says 'but i need something'
'you're never going to get it' she rebuffs disgustedly
'i get everything i want' the man yells as he pulls her out of the pool by her hair. she starts screaming and flailing until the man delivers a swift kick
'do you want me to kick you again?"
'please don't hurt me. please go away'
'stand up and walk' the man says as he continues to drag her inside
"like i said, I get everything I want"
finally, they arrive at the kitchen
"now damn it, woman, make me a sandwich!"
then they end up falling in love, and we immediately jump 18 years into the future where the kids are teens and the parents have to deal with them trying to date. and they giv
e dating advice and the kids ask how they met. they are horrified when they hear the story. then mom says "sandwiches anyone?" and they all laugh, she goes off to the kitchen and the film ends happily ever after

hell i might film part of that, it's pretty good! I don't think i can do slow motion though

Last edited:
A group of thieves hear about a precious piece of ancient treasury someone is keeping inside a city suburb mansion. They find out at the scene that it's a haunted house. They must fight its owner, a powerful witch, and the army of ghosts she keeps inside. The thieves also have conflicts with each-other up to a dangerous point. Will they manage to get the coveted treasure, or will they become yet another victims of the dreaded mansion?

Back