• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

GIVE ME THE POWER TO MAKE SOMETHING EPIC! LOW BUDGET WITH A BIG PAYOUT!

Hang a banger here a minute...you crowd funding on both indiegogo and kickstarter? that's just....greedy! lol I'll throw you $10 when I get paid nex, bro. Good luck

It's not greedy, one is flex funding when the other is not. I am trying to get money anyway possible. So, if kickstater doesn't make it, then I will at least have a backup with the flex funding, but I have updated kickstarter and I was trying to delete the Indie one, but can't seem to find how to do it, but I will post the two links and you can choice anyone you like, but thank you so much! I would wait until kickstarter is live and donate to that one!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1901398314/877881426?token=7542b289

http://igg.me/at/Spirit-in-the-Woods/x/2791317

Thank you for your support!

you dont even have a dvd as a pledge reward, from my studies, the most pledges goes for DVD pledges.

You didnt do research, no promotion, too cocky, just like i was, now im in a better position.

maybe start listening to people and youl get somewhere

Rule No.1 of crowdfunding: Don't start your campaign until your pitch is ready.

I would have thought rule No.1 of crowdfunding would be to pitch to those who both have money to spare and have proven willing to donate that money to causes similar to yours.

Here is a great place to come to pitch your idea and have some filmmakers pull it apart and help you make it clear/better, perhaps even share it among their friends who also don't donate.

If you're after money, asking people who also want money for their project aren't your best target audience for your pitch.

I wish you luck with your project, I really do. What you're currently doing isn't working since you've had $0 donated so far. You need to change your strategy. You'd be best pitching it to family and friends. People who know you, believe in you and want to support you.

Here is an idea for the op.

Why not get a group of friends together, use this forum and learn the basics of the film making.

First you start with the script basics, how to write a movie script and learn that process. Then you continue from there.

And you can use this forum to ask advice to all aspects of the film making.

The major problem of this project is not even the lack of money, it is the fact that no ambitioned film maker wants to take a part to a project that does not even have a script to show, it is and will be just a waste of time and money for all the people in the project, including you.

Did paranormal activity have a script... Did the blair witch project have a script... I could name about 10 different films that made it huge when everyone thought it wasn't going to go far.. Only if you knew how much love I had for this and all of my work you'll know that this project is much more.

I don't need the budget to make the film, I have everything already. I just want to help get the actors and crew paid. I want to try my hardest to take care everyone I work with.

I could name about 10 different films that made it huge when everyone thought it wasn't going to go far.. Only if you knew how much love I had for this and all of my work you'll know that this project is much more.

That's easy, what's harder is naming the 1,000 different films that didn't make it huge, even when the filmmakers thought they were going to go far... last year.

That's because you never hear about the failures, only the biggest successes.

Oh, wait, did I say 1,000? Actually it's more like double that entered into Sundance last year alone. And those are just the ones that actually managed to finish their film.

I have heart and that is why you should donate...

So did everyone making every one of the thousands of films I mentioned above. So does everyone on this forum who's struggling to make their own film. Having 'heart' isn't a reason to donate to you, it's a reason for you to attempt making a film.

If you want to get other people to donate, you're going to need more. You need to figure out what it is that will make people identify, and want to be identified, with your film.

Last edited:
I have heart and that is why you should donate...

Not good enough. Many filmmakers have heart yet YOU do not donate to
them. You have not made a single contribution to any filmmaker who
has heart and deeply believes in their movie. Why is that?

And so far none of your friends or family have donated to your project.
Why is that?

That's easy, what's harder is naming the 1,000 different films that didn't make it huge, even when the filmmakers thought they were going to go far... last year...

Oh, wait, did I say 1,000? Actually it's more like double that entered into Sundance last year alone. And those are just the ones that actually managed to finish their film.
Quadruple, and then some: http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?p=313202#post313202

And that's just the fool-hearty people brazen enough to THINK they could submit to Sundance.
Don't forget all the filmmakers that KNOW their film genré won't really fit Sundance's, or SXSW, or other big film fest's criteria.

I'd take a wild guess that each year at least 15,000 to 30,000 feature length films reach a final edit, (God only knows how many crash and burn during production; a heinous number, I'm sure) never to be seen by any more than a few dozen people, some even by a couple hundred, even fewer by more than a thousand people.

Yep, the reality is making a film - as hard as it is - isn't the hard part. Finding your audience is the hard part.

Last edited:
Back