Home

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > Classified Ads > Film Market > Financing

Old 04-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #16
SpiritInTheWoodsFilm
Basic Member

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Picture
SpiritInTheWoodsFilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member

Old 04-05-2013, 09:43 PM   #17
SpiritInTheWoodsFilm
Basic Member

I have heart and that is why you should donate... Sure, this is my first short film, which I plan to make a total of 6 of them that all play together. I'm not asking you to donate for my poorly written sentences, I am asking you to donate for what I will show you, and you're going to love what I have to show you!!!! I will show you what Hell looks like.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:49 PM   #18
SpiritInTheWoodsFilm
Basic Member

These short films will be unscripted. There are a few scenes that are scripted. I don't need this budget, I would like it, so I could pay the people that made all this possible. I don't do this for money or fame, I have true heart for this and I know I can make this project epic and amazing and one day... You'll probably watch it, and love it.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:51 PM   #19
Will Vincent
Basic - Premiere Expired

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritInTheWoodsFilm View Post
These short films will be unscripted.
Oh joy.

Quote:
I don't need this budget, I would like it, so I could pay the people that made all this possible.
Then convince them to work on the first one for free so that you have something with which to try and tempt people to cough up their money.

Quote:
I have true heart for this and I know I can make this project epic and amazing and one day...You'll probably watch it, and love it.
Do you? You're looking for $1k... pick up a second job for a while and save the money. That should be easy enough to come up with on your own in a relatively short time.

The bottom line is, you have no experience, ie: "this is my first short film", and you have nothing to show, only promises of how awesome what you're dreaming of will be -- which carries no weight, sorry.

Even if I had spare cash to donate to a project like yours, this would not be tempting for those reasons alone. Your repeated posts in such a short time frame, all coming across as begging for funding more than anything else being another reason..

Not to mention that frankly I hate that 'style' of 'filmmaking' so, no I probably won't watch it, and I would almost certainly hate it.
Will Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:10 PM   #20
rayw
Basic Member

Quote:
These short films will be unscripted. There are a few scenes that are scripted.
Perhaps not the BEST choice of things to say.

I smell this: http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=46841
Does anyone else smell it, too?
rayw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:38 PM   #21
welsh_gambit
Basic Member

Hang a banger here a minute...you crowd funding on both indiegogo and kickstarter? that's just....greedy! lol I'll throw you $10 when I get paid nex, bro. Good luck
welsh_gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #22
SpiritInTheWoodsFilm
Basic Member

It's not greedy, one is flex funding when the other is not. I am trying to get money anyway possible. So, if kickstater doesn't make it, then I will at least have a backup with the flex funding, but I have updated kickstarter and I was trying to delete the Indie one, but can't seem to find how to do it, but I will post the two links and you can choice anyone you like, but thank you so much! I would wait until kickstarter is live and donate to that one!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...token=7542b289

http://igg.me/at/Spirit-in-the-Woods/x/2791317

Thank you for your support!
Old 04-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #23
SpiritInTheWoodsFilm
Basic Member

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...in-the-woods-0
Old 04-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #24
8salacious9
Basic Member

you dont even have a dvd as a pledge reward, from my studies, the most pledges goes for DVD pledges.

You didnt do research, no promotion, too cocky, just like i was, now im in a better position.

maybe start listening to people and youl get somewhere
8salacious9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:12 PM   #25
Sweetie
Basic Member

Quote:
Rule No.1 of crowdfunding: Don't start your campaign until your pitch is ready.
I would have thought rule No.1 of crowdfunding would be to pitch to those who both have money to spare and have proven willing to donate that money to causes similar to yours.

Here is a great place to come to pitch your idea and have some filmmakers pull it apart and help you make it clear/better, perhaps even share it among their friends who also don't donate.

If you're after money, asking people who also want money for their project aren't your best target audience for your pitch.

I wish you luck with your project, I really do. What you're currently doing isn't working since you've had $0 donated so far. You need to change your strategy. You'd be best pitching it to family and friends. People who know you, believe in you and want to support you.
Sweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:16 PM   #26
NickClapper
Basic - Premiere Expired

I wrote this article ages ago but really wish people like the OP would read it before starting their campaign: http://www.theclapperbored.com/2011/...-crowdfunding/

I wrote that article having looked at hundreds of campaigns. Several months after writing it, I started my own campaign and followed the rules I'd set down there. And hey, we reached our goal.
NickClapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:25 AM   #27
itarumaa
Basic Member

Here is an idea for the op.

Why not get a group of friends together, use this forum and learn the basics of the film making.

First you start with the script basics, how to write a movie script and learn that process. Then you continue from there.

And you can use this forum to ask advice to all aspects of the film making.

The major problem of this project is not even the lack of money, it is the fact that no ambitioned film maker wants to take a part to a project that does not even have a script to show, it is and will be just a waste of time and money for all the people in the project, including you.
itarumaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #28
SpiritInTheWoodsFilm
Basic Member

I got Josh Stolberg interested in this project, so I got to be doing something right. Thank you all for comments good or bad, you'll make this project better.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #29
SpiritInTheWoodsFilm
Basic Member

Did paranormal activity have a script... Did the blair witch project have a script... I could name about 10 different films that made it huge when everyone thought it wasn't going to go far.. Only if you knew how much love I had for this and all of my work you'll know that this project is much more.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #30
SpiritInTheWoodsFilm
Basic Member

I don't need the budget to make the film, I have everything already. I just want to help get the actors and crew paid. I want to try my hardest to take care everyone I work with.