Summer Glau will guest star in Hawaii Five-0

Let's put the Summer Glau Curse to the test.

As I've stated, the curse states that, whichever series she appears in will be cancelled shortly. She has been slated to star in an episode of the new reboot, Hawaii Five-0, so let's see if it will be cancelled after two seasons. If it is - by the 2014-season - then the curse may be valid; if it isn't, then the curse is either invalid or has been broken.

BTW, Syfy has just cancelled "Alphas" after two seasons, in which she has appeared, so the curse is holding true.

Anyone? Rik?

Last edited:
It took Alpha 2 seasons to get cancelled??

She was able to get The Sarah Conner Chronicles cancelled in 1 and a half, and Firefly only got 14 episodes total!

I guess she's losing her touch...

LOL!

I've been wondering what she would say about the curse.

Summer Glau said:
I try not to read stuff about me online, but you can't help it. I'll have one day when I'm feeling bad about myself, and that's always the day you go looking for it. And you'll find it — the people who say you're hideous, or that you always play the same role, or that you're a show killer. I'll think, There must be some truth to it or else they wouldn't write it. That's the ballet dancer in me: You look in the mirror and pick out the one thing that's not good. Dancers are mean little hungry people — worse than actresses, way more hardcore.

(Esquire - March 2011 Issue)

Summer Glau said:
I avoid the internet, it can break your heart. There was a time where I read the forum because I wanted to know what people thought. You can read ten nice things, but the one hurtful thing you pick up.

(FHM – April 2010 issue)

Summer Glau said:
Sometimes it’s hard to summon the courage to read anything regarding myself online. It almost always ends in tears. I’m an entertainer- have been all my life… I want everyone to be pleased with my contribution. Often the comments I read online can make me feel like a failure.

(Message from Summer, Dec 11 2010)

Somehow I feel like she wouldn't appreciate the jokes.

Who is Summer Glau? I've googled her, but I still can't say I recognize her or have seen her in anything. Maybe she's not the curse - maybe she's just cursed to get cast in bad shows?

Who is Summer Glau? I've googled her, but I still can't say I recognize her or have seen her in anything. Maybe she's not the curse - maybe she's just cursed to get cast in bad shows?

Go watch all 14 episodes of "Firefly". Follow that with the movie "Serenity". Worth it.

I thought she was fantastic in Firefly, The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and Dollhouse. I never made it past the pilot episode of Alphas so never got to see her in that.

Dang, celebrities read about themselves on the internet? I don't think I would have the guts. Heck, even Spielberg has his haters. If Hitchcock were alive, I'm sure even he would have his.

Summer, if you're reading, I think you're a good actress. I really liked you in Serenity, and that movie is awesome! Also, you're ridiculously hot, and that is why people talk about you. If you weren't ridiculously hot, nobody would've ever imagined any supposed "curse", which is a silly thing for people to talk about, because there is no such thing as a curse.

That's bad luck for her... I really liked her in Firefly, I don't have TV so I don't know the other shows. But I thought she did a great job.

Hopefully, she can shake this off. Maybe Netflix will pickup Firefly and things will be good again.

CraigL

Somehow I doubt that Summer Glau comes to Indietalk.com to find out what people think of her. So, I don't think we've hurt her feelings... Unless someone reposts this thread on her IMDb page...

Somehow I doubt that Summer Glau comes to Indietalk.com to find out what people think of her. So, I don't think we've hurt her feelings... Unless someone reposts this thread on her IMDb page...

I guess that depends on whether or not she goes as far as page 2 in her google search of herself.

screenhunter04feb062314.jpg

Hi, Summer! If you want some indie-cred, I'm quite sure I could write an excellent roll for you. :hi:

:lol:

I stand corrected.

Summer, I offer my apologies. I think you're a fabulous actress! The curse thing was just a joke. And to heck with Cracker. I'll give you the LEAD in my movie! :yes:

It's baloney. Most shows get cancelled, and sooner than later.

Right?

So why aren't you indicting all of those other actors who "cursed" all of those other many, many shows that almost inevitably get/got cancelled?

Unfortunately, some people enjoy perpetuating things like this, no matter how it might harm their target.

Hopefully, producers and casting agents and the rest aren 't superstitious in this way, and see it as the baloney that it is.

And of the few moments that I once saw of the new Hawaii Five-0 show (admittedly, maybe not enough to judge), it probably doesn't need any help from a supposed curse to tank.

Series has been cancelled already! Oh no!

Seriously though, I doubt that film will be a big hit...it's playing to a very specific demographic. Of which I am a part and I've been dying to see that for quite some time! It would probably do well on the web/internet distro (see The Gamers movies, which I also love), but I'm glad they're pushing to get it in theaters.

Oops - it's a film. All right, let's see how well it does. If it flops, the curse is at work; if it's a hit, the curse only affects TV series. How's that for the scientific method? :D

...we are aware that the 4400 made it to 4 seasons and was cancelled due (largely) to the writer's strike, right?

Back