New Director around!

Hello everyone :)

I'm a 'wanna-be' director from Bromley, which is just south of London. My future ambition is to become a director of feature length films, and i feel that i have at least the knowledge needed to utilise my skills in this field. However, my main cause of trouble is both finding film ideas for me to adapt, and also help with elements such as editing and sound. Being a student, i have very little funds to purchase equipment, however i do have a camera to use.

Basically i'm looking for people to collaborate with, as my aim is to film ten short movies by the end of July (personal goals are important to me :) ).

I can be contacted at endstateproductions@gmail.com and I would love to hear from anyone with advice, skills, equipment or scripts available.

Jack
:)

when you say skills, what skills do you have?

do you have any showcase of skills? or are you just confident in your ability?

are you claiming your at a certain professional level or are you wanting to learn?

are you willing to collaborate for free?

Hello :)

Well by skills I mean the techniques picked up having studied Film Studies at school. I personally feel I have a good understanding of how and why certain shots are used, for example.

I have no showcase right now, as my only work has been school projects which I have no chance of getting hold of. However I am fairly confident in my ability, but being the modest type I prefer to let others comment on my ability (I should say that within a month I should have my first independent short finished).

I am most definitely wanting to learn. I feel that I have the potential, like most people, to reach a high level in the industry, however it obviously comes down to my personal drive and motivation to keep pushing at it.

And yes, free collaboration is a definite. Right now I just wish to get the experience of directing, and that's why I came here as I was hoping to find similar others who would also work for free (with film credit) so everyone gains the experience they need. I for one am more interested in experience and getting my name in the credits than any sum of money right now :)

If you're having trouble with ideas for stuff, I can help out...I always have a ton of ideas floating around in my head, the trouble is to find creative ideas that are also realistically possible to shoot with the resources you have. I'm a big procrastinator when it comes to writing scripts, but if you like a certain idea that I have, I could rustle up a script for you.

Anyway, just looking for ways to get involved with as much stuff as possible, so send me a message if you want to figure something out. It'd be great if we could get a few other ITers on board, or maybe you could find some people locally that could help you out in terms of equipment if you have an idea or script and are ready to shoot.

'sup, new director :)

Good luck with your goal of 10 films before July! If you get that done, people will see you mean business. :cool:

Thanks! I know it will be no easy task, but what worthy achievement ever is?

I know that I've set myself a difficult goal. Ten scripts by then would be difficult enough! But as you said, people would know I mean business, and it would also prove to myself that I'm capable of achieving what I want to :) it's good to have a community to talk to too, and to share my work with :)

Well, nice to meet you end state. I hope to be the same way here in the states. More in acting,directing and screenwriting as well. Love to do them all. So I am ready to get going.

That's what I love about the Internet, the endless connections. I've always wanted to move to the states so it would be awesome if I did it in connection to my career and made films with guys like yourself :)

I'm a bit late, but welcome to the community! :D

That is a rather difficult goal you've set for yourself, as you said. I really hope you achieve it with good results.

I'm a composer myself. If you are ever in need of an orchestral score, I hope you look me up.

Best of luck in your future productions. I look forward to viewing your work!

-Robert

Back