• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Free Ebook

Just to let everyone that is starting out in this business know I came across this free ebook that really got me moving. Please check it out!!!!!
In early October of 2012 it seems more than 20 domain names were registered
that all lead to this page:

121screenplaywriting.com
screenwritingokay.com
thebestscreenwriter.com
simpleandfastscreenwriting.com
simple-screenwriting.com
screenwritingmethods.com
teachyourselfscreenwriting.com
bestscreenwritinginfo.com
screenplaywriting-made-easy.com
thescreenwriterstechnique.com

All with the same IP address

This one helpangelzrecommends.com was registered on Sept 16, 2012 and
has an eBook "How To Create Your Own Movie" - same IP address plus links
to the eBook you mention.

Must have been easy to "come across" this eBook. Are you connected to it in
some way? I'm always cautious when a first time poster comes across something
like this. If you really did, that's great. If you are somehow connected I think
it's more honest to tell us how you are connected. We are all happy to look at
and help out fellow filmmakers and writers who are promoting their work. Very
few of us like to be deceived by this "I came across" method of marketing.

I gotta say I am impressed by the sheer amount of domain names registered
to promote this eBook.

No Im not connected in anyway.
Welcome to indietalk!

How did you come across this book? How has it helped? When
I clicked on the link it wanted me to jump through all kinds of
hoops before I could get the free book. Was all that worth it
to you as a newbee?

Tell us a little about it got you moving. Did you also get the
"How To Create Your Own Movie" eBook?

What do you mean it made you jump threw hoops? It was plain and simple to me. And no to the make ur own movie question.
Its just an Ebook my god why all the questions like your a spy. If you want to read it read it if not then dont. I was just letting people know about it.

Last edited:
I'm glad you like it. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. How
has it helped? Tell us a little about how it got you moving.

...why all the questions like your a spy...

Rik is asking probing questions because we've had many first posters trying to introduce us to their projects by using "Aw Shucks, Look what I found" marketing. They are generally first posters with a film/website/ebook that they are trying to promote.

The main point here is that we are content creators who find that if we are approached this way, we question the veracity of the claims of the poster since we'd all rather produce something and take credit for it rather than try to coerce others into looking at it.

The history of this happening here has made us all a bit suspicious. Forgive us if this is not the case... but it was my first thought too... I was initially coming here to ask precisely the same question Rik did. Again, sorry if we've offended, but it's upsetting for us to see people A) trying to fleece us B) not taking credit for their own work... we even have a whole "Promotion" section here for folks to promote themselves.

I love being called a "spy". I rather enjoy looking into these, "I came
across" claims. In this case I was fascinated to find well over 20
domain names started by several different people from all over the
world over a four day period all leading to his free ebook. I respect
that effort. If this were posted in "Promotions" I would have
immediately downloaded it and thanked the person promoting it.
Time will tell, won't it? When jeosmomm returns and joins in with
this on-line community I will be proven wrong. I suspect we won't
see him again, but I'll be happy to be wrong on this.

No Im not connected in anyway.
I signed up for it, through my spam email address. And look what the username was...*
jeosmomm@screenwritingdoneeasy.com

Not the best way to gain potential customer's confidence. This would be why DirectorRik was snooping... these advertising ploys all feel the same. Just be honest about the thing you've done, at least on this board, you'll get a lot more to sign up as we're all content creators and appreciate the effort that goes into it.

Last edited:
When I clicked on the link it wanted me to jump through all kinds of
hoops before I could get the free book.

What do you mean it made you jump threw hoops? It was plain and simple to me.
I, too, had downloaded this thing using my spam email account. I had
seen his username on the return email. I wanted him to come clean.
He did not - he lied to us. How is this a good way to promote something?
Why does anyone think that telling a lie to people will generate downloads?
How can anyone think that lying will generate good word of mouth?

And then there is "pkontogiannis" who tried the same thing at about
the same time with the other eBook from this same "group".

Shame on them!

Hello People,

I can tell you exaclty what this is about as I am promoting the same ebook but have no problem letting you know what its all about unlike some others who run and hide. I am trying to get into internet marketing not an easy area to conquer probably like yourselves in Screenwriting. In order to promote products its important to build up a good list of people who are interested in the niche you would like to promote (Screenwriting, losing weight, going bald) :) who have subscribed to you, hence the free ebook as in order to get it you have to simply leave your e-mail address. once you have a list most people will just spam you with products and ask you to buy this and that......that is the wrong way to go about it. What I plan and I cant say the same is true of other people is to add value to the list and value it (only have 3 subscribers so far) :) only just started.

My plan is to send out information that I come across or find that I think could be relevant to your line of work. Its important to give value to the list you have and every now and make sure you add value then yeah of course I might come across a product that has great reviews and then send a mail around to my list letting them know about it. Entirely upto them whether they purchase a product or not, they still stay in the list if they delete the mail and arent interested, and will still recieve articles and information regarding various aspects of screen writing that I can source. I may even ask this forum for advice on certain areas in order to help generate intersting articles.

That in a nutshell is why you are seeing so many of these free e-books. Please dont shoot me down in flames for this as I am being 100% honest and letting you know exactly why you are seeing these. Dont understand why the poster got so defensive and rude about it, I myself initially posted my info on the 'newbies' forum by mistake and have since asked the moderators to move it across to the promotions section as I wasnt aware of it previously.

If you have any question about this then please feel free to ask, if not then I hope this explains what you probably already thought.

Thanks all.

I am trying to get into internet marketing not an easy area to conquer probably like yourselves in Screenwriting. In order to promote products its important to build up a good list of people who are interested in the niche you would like to promote (Screenwriting, losing weight, going bald) :) who have subscribed to you, hence the free ebook as in order to get it you have to simply leave your e-mail address.
THIS!

Thank you nandc. This I can relate to. This I respect. I have a feeling that
more people respect this than the "I came across" method. This treats me
with respect and give me information I need to make a decision that I am
comfortable with. I find great value in targeted marketing. We filmmaker
should be learning more about targeted marketing.

I may even ask this forum for advice on certain areas in order to help generate intersting articles.
You have my support. This is a very friendly, supportive community. Like
all people we want to be treated with respect. Promoting products in the
Promotions section that relate to filmmaking is something we all appreciate.
Thank you for being honest.

I was doing a little research and this eBook came up. Interesting to note that
all the domains I listed on the first page including helpangelzrecommends.com
are now gone. "nandc" iwanttoscreenwrite.com is still up.

Lots of people on many boards are "marketing" this ebook. I am even more
curious about it than ever.

Back