• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

A site to support indie filmmakers

How are you connected with this website?

I'm wary of the "I came across the following website" promotions.
I much prefer supporting someone directly involved.

How do you not realize that you are actually hurting your chance of success? We're not dummies. We know that you did not just "come across" a website, and find it in your heart to sign up for a new membership to a forum such as ours, so that you could share this great "find" with us.

EDIT: A real person responded, yay!

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

I came across the following website for independent filmmakers. It looks very good. They are also hosting a smorgasbord of independent filmmakers of all backgrounds.

http://www.indietalk.com/

Thanks,
Ray :D:cool:

Hello Guys,

I am sorry for the way I posted it. I am an independent filmmaker and I created this website to support all indie filmmakers. I am also planning to create a directory for all the independent filmmakers. Please give me your comments to improve this website. Also help me to promote this website.

Thanks for your support

VJ

Last edited:
Hello Guys,

I am sorry for the way I posted it. I am an independent filmmaker and I created this website to support all indie filmmakers. I am also planning to create a directory for all the independent filmmakers. Please give me your comments to improve this website. Also help me to promote this website.

Thanks for your support

VJ

Excellent. Then I apologize for being perhaps a bit harsh. I will check out your website, and I wish you the best of luck.

Hello Guys,
I am an independent filmmaker and I created this website to support all indie filmmakers.
Much better. Now I'm interested. A fellow independent filmmaker
promoting a site they created is something I can really get behind.
Lying and telling me you "came across" a website immediately turns
me off. I don't think anyone wants to be lied to.

I have a serious question now that everything is cool.

Do you, personally, respond to this "I came across the following website"
method of promotion? When you see that do you go to the website to
see what it's all about?

Regardless, I'll gladly check out your website and give you comments.

I am looking for more contest entries for the contest in my website. Please submit your films and I would love to put them on my website.

I checked out your site, and it definitely interested me enough to re-visit it again when I've got more time. I want to watch a bunch of those movies.

2 Things --

1. I think it'd be a big plus if there was some kind of description attached to the movie, so that we don't have to just blindly click and be surprised by what we're watching.

2. Uhhh...It feels like you've got some personal connections with some of the featured filmmakers, some kind of bias in the selection process.

Cracker Funk: Thanks for you comments. I will definitely try to add some descriptions to the videos. Regarding the featured videos, its just a promotion for some of my filmmaker friends. I will try to avoid it in future.

Cracker Funk: Thanks for you comments. I will definitely try to add some descriptions to the videos. Regarding the featured videos, its just a promotion for some of my filmmaker friends. I will try to avoid it in future.

I don't think you have to avoid promoting friends' films. I think that's a great thing to do, actually (and you've got some very talented friends). It's just that in it's current state, it almost appears as if you're trying to do it sneakily. If you add descriptions to the films, you could perhaps throw in a brief and casual mention that these are friends of yours, and I don't think any of your audience would have a problem with that. :)

I don't think you have to avoid promoting friends' films. I think that's a great thing to do, actually (and you've got some very talented friends). It's just that in it's current state, it almost appears as if you're trying to do it sneakily. If you add descriptions to the films, you could perhaps throw in a brief and casual mention that these are friends of yours, and I don't think any of your audience would have a problem with that. :)

Thanks for your coments. I will definitely implement all of your comments. I am also trying to tie up my website with some of the film festivals I know. So that I can screen the best movies selected by my website in those festivals. Also it would be great if you could help me to get more entries for the contest that I am hosting in my website.

Hello everyone,

I am going to create a directory for indie filmmakers in my website. I am going to classify actors, directors, editors etc and display their work. So if you are interested, please send me your profile... if possible your picture...what is your role? Director or Actor etc..a resume..IMDB profile..youtube channel ..youtube video or whatever that displays your work and information about you. Also dont forget to include your contact details so people can contact you after seeing your work. Please send all the details to

shortfilmapp@gmail.com

Thanks,
VJ
www.short-filmz.com

Back