• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Salt Man

"NaCl...the chemical formula to one of the most powerful substances on earth..."

http://vimeo.com/39722078

Hey! This is my first post here on these forums. Just thought I'd find another audience, big or small, to share my videos and perhaps get some constructive criticism. I even made a Vimeo account to seem more legit...although I must ask. Does it really matter where you upload your videos?

Ah hell I'll put the Youtube link on here too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cNqFlqvzaI

Rough viewing. Four minutes in and there's still no clear direction.

The rant by the black guy had potential, in the bungling super-hero film setting.

Needs work.

What did you learn through making this?

Zensteve,

I like how you put the time and effort into checking out other people's videos! It's a great quality, shows you are willing to open up to almost anything. Motivates me to do the same!

jmc.soriano,

First thing that popped into my head was the quality! very nice, what camera did you use?
You also make very good cuts and even the shots are well done.

Very good work! keep it up! :)

Thank you very much for the responses!

Basically my approach when making that video at the time was to take any funny idea and turn it into a video. I've got a friend who literally carries around a salt packet and throws it at people, proclaiming himself to be "Salt Man." And so I decided that there should be a video featuring him.

I've made a video a week since pretty much the beginning of the year, and I've only just started thinking about story elements and characters. Before, it was just random spoofs and experimental shots. I'll still do those but I'll be sure to be more conscious of direction from now on.

What I learned from this was that I definitely should have made a decision as to what kind of video it would be. I was caught between making a short spoof like before or making an actual super hero short film with a real story arc and some sort of development. In the end I sort of mashed the two together, which kind of explains the random bits in between the first minute and the last. It was only after uploading it that I really realized how inconsistent it was.

My friend lets me use his Canon t2i Rebel on occasion, and it is indeed a beautiful tool to behold!

Back