• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Gonzo's 2011 film 109

Mullet lady is a find!

Great show, Gonzo.
I look forward to The Kohlman Files.

Canon T2i?

Ah. "5Dmk2". Excuse me while I go wake up. (Idiot me.)

Last edited:
Nice! Enjoyed it.

Make sure to link us when you have your The Kohlman Files kickstarter up. I'd like to contribute a few bucks.

=)

Last edited:
Haha, liked the Danny Glover line. Pretty well done man, it was all framed and lit well, clever idea too.

I know you guys won't believe this, but it never clicked with me until we were filming the scene and someone pointed out that line to me. I seriously never made the connection when I was writing it. I thinks it's called being an "idiot savant".

I also meant to add of that $3K budget almost $1K was the motel location. I paid them $500 to use the lobby for a half day and we rented three rooms. One we shot in, one we stored gear in, and one we used for editing station and craft services. It was WAY hard to find that location. We probably visited 25 seedy motels before we found one willing to let us shoot.

Good job, Gonzo!

I was going to ask about the cost of shooting at the motel, as I have to find a motel for my upcoming project. But you already answered the question...

I'm actually looking into filming in the exact area where you screened 109 at the Dam Short Festival in Boulder City.

Good job, Gonzo!

I was going to ask about the cost of shooting at the motel, as I have to find a motel for my upcoming project. But you already answered the question...

I'm actually looking into filming in the exact area where you screened 109 at the Dam Short Festival in Boulder City.

It was shocking how difficult it was. No, no, no, no... Then we walked into that motel, pitched the owners, and they responded with "Well hell yes, where do we sign up" Persistence pays.

I hope the folks in Boulder are open to filming. I want to use the hotel right next to the movie theater. And they have a bar in the basement that would be perfect for some of the other scenes I want to shoot...

Did you pull any permits, or just run and shoot?

I hope the folks in Boulder are open to filming. I want to use the hotel right next to the movie theater. And they have a bar in the basement that would be perfect for some of the other scenes I want to shoot...

Did you pull any permits, or just run and shoot?

We just shot. Around here unless you are blocking a city street or something generally no permit required.

That gives me hope... I'll still probably pull permits, just because it's going to be a larger scale project than I've done before and I don't want ot get shut down half way through production...

That gives me hope... I'll still probably pull permits, just because it's going to be a larger scale project than I've done before and I don't want ot get shut down half way through production...

We did however have to inform a couple people at that motel that no, we did NOT want to buy any meth.

Was the sound really canned sounding in many of the shots or is it just my mac? It had a weird bathroomy-echo feel to it.

The actual video was pretty cool in a quirky, pervish way.

I didn't notice it, but I have had sound issues from vimeo in the past. I'll give it a listen. The source sound is excellent.

All that music (down to the song on the radio in the background) was written and recorded for the film by the way.

Back