Let's Play a Game

Inspired by a writing exercise I picked up going to my mom's writers club, but with a movie-related twist.

Someone give a movie title (one that you've made up), and then others can chime in with a logline or synopsis of the movie that pops into their mind.

Add your own titles or derail away on one. This is just for fun, after all. :)

I'll start:

Movie Title: Contrary to Appearances

Go!

Tagline:
What if Mother Nature pursued the evolutionary tract of 'survival of the prettiest' rather than the fittest?

Contrary to Appearances:

A pair of identical twins couldn't be any more different in there taste for HUMAN FLESH.

(for bird: its arguable that what ever a species finds as attractive or "pretty" IS the result of evolution. )

Last edited:
(for bird: its arguable that what ever a species finds as attractive or "pretty" IS the result of evolution. )

Agreed, I guess I meant beauty as in a transitory concept, one which doesn't result in physiological changes over 1000 of years. I guess a true 'survival of the prettiest' would mean metabolic changes within years of what a culture considers beautiful.

"HUMAN FLESH"

A lone bounty-hunter/surgeon in post-apocalyptic America wanders with a stray prostitute, saving civilians he finds dying from the zombie-leper-like disease that killed most of the world.

Corny, I know :lol:

Contrary to Appearances

On Jerry's 7th birthday, out in the wilds of Alaska, his parents were eaten by a grizzly bear. 15 year later Jerry has a degree in zoology and is heading back into the wild to strike up an unlikely friendship with the mammal that ate his folks.

Title: UNLIKELY FRIENDSHIP

Genre mash-up:
1. Erotic Crime -
2. Historical Horror -
3. Political Romance -
4. Urban SciFi -

Contrary to appearances:

An undercover cop has to pose as an African American janitor in the middle of downtown Harlem to investigate an alleged terrorist. There's one problem: he's white.

Starring: Robert Downy Jr.

lol exactly,

and possibly there could be a twist wherein it's black history month and he somehow winds up as the poster-boy for a human rights campaign with his face everywhere on posters and such and there is a huge reveal at the end that he's white.

Title : Poster Boy

Synopsis : There's a new superhero in town. He not only looks fantastic, but he has the power to make all the figures in posters nearby come alive and fight for him.

Contrary to Appearances

On Jerry's 7th birthday, out in the wilds of Alaska, his parents were eaten by a grizzly bear. 15 year later Jerry has a degree in zoology and is heading back into the wild to strike up an unlikely friendship with the mammal that ate his folks.

:lol:

Poster Boy

A brilliant mind trapped in a broken twisted body finds fulfillment and self expression by excessive posting on internet forums.

Okay, more than a little drunk, and not at my creative best, but let's give it a go:

Contrary to Appearances
A Senator comes clean about his drug use, calling to question his strong political career.

HUMAN FLESH
The newest diner in town has become an immediate success due to their unusual menu. (yeah, you knew I'd go there)

UNLIKELY FRIENDSHIP
1. Erotic Crime - A detective's torrid affair with a Mafia Don's wife drives him to cross the line
2. Historical Horror - Robespierre suddenly stops going out during the day, and the people around him disappear as his influence grows.
3. Political Romance - When the recently widowed president meets an anarchist punk rock vocalist, the entire nation changes.
4. Urban SciFi - A homeless man's claim that he comes from the future seems insane...until he keeps saving Billy's life.

POSTER BOY
A hispanic gallery owner presents himself as a cultural stereotype as part of a performance piece until things go horribly wrong.

And one for the pool:
HOLDING ON TO WICHITA

Title: HOLDING ON TO WICHITA

Logline: In this sequel to Zombieland, abducted by a roving gang of human marauders, Columbus hopes the clues he leaves behind for his new fiancé Wichita will lead her to rescue him from deep in zombie zone. If she comes at all.

Last edited:
Back