Home

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > Classified Ads > Industry Jobs and Services > Global Ad

Old 02-12-2012, 06:04 AM   #1
JazzyOrange
Basic Member

Looking for director for videoclip

Hello guys,

I'm looking for the creative mind who is unbearably young, loves music, studying or ending filming school, has some directing experience and located in LA.

What for: work out on a video for european music project, in perspective to continue to work in other projects if collaboration fruitful for both sides.

You will have budget to realise your video, under supervision of indie record label.

There is already a general idea what should done, your task is develop it and make it live.

The video need to be filmed in LA, or Miami...that is why you should be located there.

It's fun project with a lot of potential, you will be able to add it in your portfolio, or your filming school project.

Music track: pop/electronica.
Street date: end of spring.

Please send your link to the realised work/experience, questions: info@jazzyorange.com

I would really appreciate if you can advise me the source where I can find young and talented directors, if this place is not suitable for this post.

thank you and have a great day!

Alfiya
JazzyOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member

Old 02-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #2
josh-ozirigpro
Basic - Premiere Expired

I'm having trouble understanding exactly what you're after since you've only posted a very general outline - do you mind including some more information about the Indie record label which will be involved, as well as perhaps an outline of the idea?

I think it will also help the guys looking around to understand exactly what they're up against before they dive in!

Cheers.
josh-ozirigpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #3
JazzyOrange
Basic Member

You have a point here, Josh.

It's new-new record label Public Different, we are launching it in April.
Three electronic projects will be released, for one of it, very commercial we need a video.

I can provide the link to the song for the ones who is interested.

The whole idea is quite simple to realise: as it's sultry female vocal married with electronic waves in a positive note of youth and beauty, the video should illustrate it in some point - kaleidoscope of young happy female faces, smiles, winks ....

Does it help?
Old 02-16-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
directorik
IndieTalk's Resident Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyOrange View Post
Hello guys,
I'm looking for the creative mind who is unbearably young, loves music, studying or ending filming school, has some directing experience and located in LA.
Sounds like something I would enjoy doing.

However, I only meet three of five of your criteria - loves music, has
experience and located in LA.
directorik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 03:40 AM   #5
JazzyOrange
Basic Member

thanks for honest response, directorik but it doesnt help a lot. We still need good quality images to pitch the music. Maybe you can spread word among your friends ? Is there any resources/forums you can advice?
Old 02-17-2012, 12:15 PM   #6
directorik

I don't know any people who meet all five of your criteria.

If you are having trouble finding a director perhaps you
would consider changing your expanding who is eligible.
Right now your criteria is quite restrictive.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:25 AM   #7
JazzyOrange
Basic Member

all right, let's stick to:
1. location: Florida, California
2. has music vid experience
3. has his/her equipment (camera) to film
Old 02-24-2012, 04:02 PM   #8
directorik

Quote:
all right, let's stick to:
1. location: Florida, California
2. has music vid experience
3. has his/her equipment (camera) to film
Cool.

Now I meet your criteria. I'm in Los Angeles. I'd love to know more if
you haven't already found someone.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #9
wheatgrinder
Basic - Premiere Expired

DirectoRick was pointing out you used marketing ideas as criteria for a director..

Your post says

"unbearably young, loves music, studying or ending filming school, has some directing experience and located in LA"

I had to interpret this in some way, I chose to read it as:
  • unbearably young = 16-19 years old
  • Loves Music = everyone loves some kinda music
  • Studying = you must be in college
  • Ending Film school= you must be about to graduate from film school
  • Some directing experience = ok, easy enough
  • Lives in LA or Miami = easy enough
Very few if ANY human beings meet all those requirements

You might recreate an ad that has REAL requirements.

Good luck.
wheatgrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 08:41 PM   #10
DeJager
Basic - Premiere Expired

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheatgrinder View Post
DirectoRick was pointing out you used marketing ideas as criteria for a director..

Your post says

"unbearably young, loves music, studying or ending filming school, has some directing experience and located in LA"

I had to interpret this in some way, I chose to read it as:
  • unbearably young = 16-19 years old
  • Loves Music = everyone loves some kinda music
  • Studying = you must be in college
  • Ending Film school= you must be about to graduate from film school
  • Some directing experience = ok, easy enough
  • Lives in LA or Miami = easy enough
Very few if ANY human beings meet all those requirements

You might recreate an ad that has REAL requirements.

Good luck.
Haha considering most people aren't 16-19 when they GRADUATE from college.. Unbearably young? What a crazy requirement.
DeJager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:37 PM   #11
JazzyOrange
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeJager View Post
Haha considering most people aren't 16-19 when they GRADUATE from college.. Unbearably young? What a crazy requirement.
Wow! Sorry, guys, if my expectations were so high, not used to! We work pretty different here in France. Anyway, for this project looks like we found somebody.

BUT! There is another project on the way, but it's not payed. The song is called "Emergency", you can check it here:

http://soundcloud.com/publicdifferent/emergency-dms-tes

It could be rather simple visual. If you are interested, please shoot an email directly to the record label guys (their email is on the soundcloud profile), they are really nice!
Old 03-25-2012, 10:41 PM   #12
directorik

Quote:
Wow! Sorry, guys, if my expectations were so high, not used to! We work pretty different here in France. Anyway, for this project looks like we found somebody.
I think your expectations were too low. You so limited your choices
that you may have disregarded some excellent directors. Your
expectations should have been higher.

But it's good to hear you found someone who fit into your narrow
criteria.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:04 AM   #13
JazzyOrange
Basic Member

Thank you for the advice, directorik! Next time will take it in consideration. I just had an experience spending to much time with directors by casting call with so broad expectations who didnt fit the project at all. That is why I preferred to be very precise.

Anyway, another project that I mentioned can fit everyone.
Old 03-27-2012, 06:49 AM   #14
NickClapper
Basic - Premiere Expired

I'm going to make a slightly tangential point, but it's sort of relevant:

I once put a crew ad up where I mentioned that I was looking for 'young people who can do things better than people twice their age'. And I got two separate, older crew people sending me pissy emails about how ignorant my ad was.

Obviously, it's fair to be disappointed if someone is looking for younger crew people but I don't think there's anything unreasonable about it. As a writer/director I know that I am still young. I have had some great experiences with crew who are considerably older than me (even when I'm directing) but I am definitely more comfortable working in an environment with people closer to my own age. I've also, on a couple of occasions, had people signed up to my project and then drop out or stop returning emails when they find out how old I am- that tends not to happen when you go for young crew.

Not sure what the point I'm making is, just that sometimes I think it's perfectly reasonable to be looking for someone younger if that's what makes the project sing for you. Not sure if that's what the OP was getting at but, if it was, I understand what they mean.
NickClapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:14 AM   #15
JazzyOrange
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickClapper View Post
I'm going to make a slightly tangential point, but it's sort of relevant:

I once put a crew ad up where I mentioned that I was looking for 'young people who can do things better than people twice their age'. And I got two separate, older crew people sending me pissy emails about how ignorant my ad was.

Obviously, it's fair to be disappointed if someone is looking for younger crew people but I don't think there's anything unreasonable about it. As a writer/director I know that I am still young. I have had some great experiences with crew who are considerably older than me (even when I'm directing) but I am definitely more comfortable working in an environment with people closer to my own age. I've also, on a couple of occasions, had people signed up to my project and then drop out or stop returning emails when they find out how old I am- that tends not to happen when you go for young crew.

Not sure what the point I'm making is, just that sometimes I think it's perfectly reasonable to be looking for someone younger if that's what makes the project sing for you. Not sure if that's what the OP was getting at but, if it was, I understand what they mean.
Thank you very much, Nick! This is exactly what I was trying to say, without any offense to Very Experienced Directors. For this particular project, that is pop girly project, you should target young audience. And create for young audience! I really feel uncomfortable if I have to show to somebody 55+ video of Leona Lewis or Jessie J and tell him "We want this!" Firstly, he will say "Well, it's a shitty popculture video!!" And we would say "Indeed! We dont want arty-farty for THIS project!"

Correct me if my logique is wrong.