• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Don't Mess With Santa (Santa Warfare)

When evil, south pole elves are trying to sabotage Christmas, Santa puts them in their place... "Rambo" style.

Absolutely ridiculous, but fun haha.

Our second Christmas short this year. Not a huge fan of the "Santa Warfare" title, but I'm hoping to get the views-boost from similar titled "warfare" videos with a crazy big following. So it's dual titled.

As always, would love feedback or tips for improvement. If you like it, please share it!

Thanks IndieTalk!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvVn9E9ga8g

Invision-Media-Santa-Warfare-Poster-web-v1.jpg

So the red reindeer WAS meant to be jarring. Alert! Alert!

Cool to see it finished. It's a fun short. Was that a candy cane he threw as a ninja star? :lol:

And the elves dancing geekily was a nice touch!

Fun stuff, Paul.

Lots of ambitious shots. Santa reminded me of the Santa Robot on Futurama, can't wait to watch some of those episodes!

Thanks for sharing.

@Ernest - Haha, yes, jarring on purpose. The advice I got in that thread really helped!

@cjnixon - Thanks man! Was fun working on the props for this.

@Kholi - Appreciate it! Robot Santa was for sure a very big influence :D

Fantastic fun!

also, amazing way to drive traffic to your other shows, I clicked all the way through and now want to see the next episode of M & Simpson!

Thanks guys! The actors did great, really happy with them and what they brought to the roles. The screaming elf came up with that himself haha, wasn't in the script. Most of the little nuances ("who me?" looks, dancing after the cookies, playing with the toys, hitting with the pencil etc) were things the actors put into their roles.

Two of them were last minute too! Santa booked three says before the shoot, and one of the elves was a replacement found the night before for an actor that had a family emergency.

@Wheat- thanks! The annotations on video clips helps for sure. Even more so if you can update at least once a week, but we aren't there quite yet haha. Your screen tips helped a lot! Thanks again :D

I liked it. Pretty cool idea with the bad elfs and the guns. I liked the dancing part too. The voices for the elfs was done real well too.

Ha ha its' kewl, I think you should post another shorter version though from 2:48 when santa enters then , the actors know when you been bad or good ect,

from 2:48 seems clean cut comedy santa clip, comedy skit

nice job

@IndieBudget- Haha thanks man! Always fun to hear.

@rayw- Thanks! Was fun pre-pro for sure. Sent some friendly emails and got a deal on the ears and found the costumes for under $15 each!

@rockerrockstar - Thanks man, dancing was a lot of fun on set haha. Our new post audio guy (and future set audio guy) really bumped this up a notch. He came in last minute and even with just a little time I think he made it shine. Like Alcove always says... haha.

@thevision - Thanks! I've heard that a few places actually. We might do a re-edit next year, I think it's a little too late in the season though now :/, Still, thanks for the tip!

It's on Vimeo too, pretty crazy the quality difference!
http://vimeo.com/invisionmedia/santawarfare

Thanks all!

@BruceDowns - They're the large elf ears. Caucasian actors had the light color and the Indian actor had dark. A bit of spirit gum to hold them in place, then paint liquid latex over the seam (several layers) and cover it with a cream foundation.

Our makeup artist couldn't make it and we couldn't replace her last minute, but one of the actors had taken some stage makeup classes in school that helped a lot. They weren't perfect, but with a little bit of roto I was able to smooth them out even more in post.

Back