travel for your premiere

have u ever traveled to the festival out of your state for the premiere of your film?
was it a short or a feature?
what was your experience?

I have, I think 6 or 8 times for my shorts, not just for prmieres, but for any screening. If there is ANY possible way I can afford to go (and make it work with my schedule) I go.

First, especially for shorts, it's not like it's going to make you any money, so your payment is the satisfaction of sitting with an audience watching them enjoy it, hearing them laugh, etc... Better get all of that you can. Second, you just never know, is this the one where you make that networking connection that leads to something down the road... probably not, but you won't know unless you're there.

Yeah, I did it for my debut feature.

Down-side -- there were only about 20 people in the audience. There was some laughter, but it didn't compare to the non-stop belly-rolls heard at our cast/crew screening, which had @225 in attendance.

Up-side -- Had a small handful of family there, as well as a couple Indietalkers, and that actually made the night rather special. In the end, I had a really fun day.

Back