Super Summer Contest Stage Two!

Here we are... Stage Two! Congratulations to 'ABC' on winning Stage One and, through no sort of design, 'ABC' happens to be the only script adapted twice.

So here are the Stage Two scripts. Obviously not all the stories/concepts were adapted but there's a good range and hopefully they'll make for interesting reading. The voting system is the same for Stage Two as it was for Stage One- select your top three and the points will be allocated that way.
_ _ _ _ _

ABC (1)
_ _ _ _ _

ABC (2)
_ _ _ _ _

Actor's Call Back
_ _ _ _ _

Gash
_ _ _ _ _

Insertion
_ _ _ _ _

The Joy
_ _ _ _ _

Mantis
_ _ _ _ _

Producer
_ _ _ _ _

Please read, enjoy and vote! :)

Last edited:
This is fun. Good contest, Nick! I'm glad to see that each one of those scripts, at least length-wise (haven't read any, yet), look shoot-able, for a quick contest.

The link to "The Producer" isn't working.

Some interesting stuff here!

Here's my vote:

1) Gash
2) Producer
3) Actors Call Back

I wont offer any comments yet, so not to influence anybody's reading process. All good stuff, though!

EDIT: Actor's Call Back requires a sign-in. Not a problem for me, but some might not be able to view it.

Last edited:
In the spirit of mad_hatter's suggestion, I'm not offering any comments, just yet. Was a pleasant read, all around. My vote:

1. Actor's Call Back
2. ABC (the 1st one)
3. Producer

Can anyone tell me if they're having difficulty reading these scripts?

I can't at the moment, so I'm considering moving them all over to my own hosting...

I've read all of them just fine.
No problems opening up any of them.

It's possible that google docs isn't playing nice with anyone's non-google chrome browser, esp MSExplorer.

I'm enjoying 'Insertion' and its brazen use of innuendo. Apart from the title, I think my favourite line is probably "Alright then. Lets enter the meat aisle." :P

I'll decide on my favourites when I'm done with the rest.

That was my mistake with the documents. They should all be perfectly viewable.

Please get reading and voting even if you haven't been following the challenge up until this point. And, as always, feel free to leave feedback.

I read only the two ABC scripts so far...(sorry)
I liked the ABC (2) better, because it's truthful to the story I fell in love with in the first place...
The script wasn't very well written (too many repetitions and unnecessary words...), but I engaged with it! And I vote for it! :)

I read only the two ABC scripts so far...(sorry)
I liked the ABC (2) better, because it's truthful to the story I fell in love with in the first place...
The script wasn't very well written (too many repetitions and unnecessary words...), but I engaged with it! And I vote for it! :)

You can't vote until you've read all of the scripts, silly goose! :)

Back