Home

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > Classified Ads > Industry Jobs and Services > USA > California

Old 08-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #16
benUndine
Basic - Premiere Expired

Believe it or not, the previous client called me back this morning after a month-long block and told me that she found out she didn't have the money to pay me, and simply didn't know how to tell me.

It's hard to feel sympathy after being ignored for so long, but I'm also just relieved that she called!

We're back on for launch, as it turns out.

To anyone that I spoke to via PM, rest assured that whatever projects we talked about still stand at the discussed price. Only difference now is that it'll be developed from the ground up with you in mind.

Thanks all.
benUndine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-16-2011, 05:09 PM   #17
Michael Allen
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benUndine View Post
Believe it or not, the previous client called me back this morning after a month-long block and told me that she found out she didn't have the money to pay me, and simply didn't know how to tell me.

I know how you feel. I've been burnt a few times being employed with money that people don't have..

I'ts very poor form. Keep reminding her what she owes or she will most likely and conveniently forget about it.
Michael Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #18
benUndine
Basic - Premiere Expired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Allen View Post
I know how you feel. I've been burnt a few times being employed with money that people don't have..

I'ts very poor form. Keep reminding her what she owes or she will most likely and conveniently forget about it.
Yeah, I have a feeling that I'll have to call her pretty frequently until she pays it off. She said she'd be making the first payment this Friday, but for all I know it may only be $20...

To offset this, I'm putting the site on layaway; it won't launch until it's paid off.
benUndine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:16 PM   #19
indietalk
IndieTalk Founder

I commissioned this member, benUndine, to create a logo, and he lost the logo due to a PS crash, and was supposed to start from the previous saved version, but has not responded to emails over the past two months. Unfortunately I cannot recommend this person, as I have no logo as well as no communication. I hope he sees this and will rectify the issue.
indietalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:31 PM   #20
NickClapper
Premiere Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by indietalk View Post
I commissioned this member, benUndine, to create a logo, and he lost the logo due to a PS crash, and was supposed to start from the previous saved version, but has not responded to emails over the past two months. Unfortunately I cannot recommend this person, as I have no logo as well as no communication. I hope he sees this and will rectify the issue.
Yeah, I know that Paper Twin had the same problem.

I hope it's just a technical error because this is exactly the sort of unprofessional behaviour that he was accusing clients of...
NickClapper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #21
indietalk
IndieTalk Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickClapper View Post
Yeah, I know that Paper Twin had the same problem.

I hope it's just a technical error because this is exactly the sort of unprofessional behaviour that he was accusing clients of...
With PS crashing, or communication?

Paper Twin, can you post here?

directorik, what was your experience like?
indietalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 09:25 AM   #22
Papertwinproductions
Basic - Premiere Expired

I've been trying to get a hold of Ben unsuccessfully for around six weeks. It was proposed that he would create our website for us. We discussed the details, and were ready to go. But he's yet to respond.

It is disappointing. I'm sorry to hear about the Logo, Indie.
Papertwinproductions is offline   Reply With Quote