Panasonic AG-EZ1

Hey everyone,

I've read a couple of things about this camera, but I can't seem to find a price range for it anywhere on the web. I'm curious to know if anyone knows why info resources are scarce on this camera, and if anyone knows a price range.

Poke

Okay, no info for me, huh? Well can anyone give me a list of cameras that utilize Frame Mode or shoot 30p, or tell me where to find said list.

I'm looking for one that would be under $1000. I thought I'd found one in the EZ1 (cause I heard a couple of stories about them being around $600), but I vcan't find it anywhere.

Poke

Phantom EZ1

Poke,

I did a semi-exhaustive search for the DV-EZ1 yesterday after seeing your post. Normally I'm not one to believe in conspiracy theories but finding specifics about the camera makes me think twice.

Yeah, it's mentioned a few times in different articles here and there. If you ever get your hands on one, you'll never have trouble finding replacement batteries.

Even sifting through Panasonic's site yielded no results. I'm really confused and annoyed because it sounds like a cool camera. Maybe it wasn't released to the US market?

=- Steve P -=

Seems like you found all the stuff I found. Yeah, I don't know what's up. Even if it was released a few years ago, wouldn't it still be available somewhere? I found one on Ebay, but it was part of a package thAt I couldn't afford.

Poke

See now that's the kind of info I need. I didn't even know that from the limted info I found on the web (although it is what I figured, seeing as how Panasonic would be advertising it if it were an active line).

Thanks

Poke

AG-EZ1

I think this cam was only released in the asia pacific region. My friend has one. He's selling it for $900. I checked the prices on the net and it came out that it cost anywhere from 1500 to 2500 bucks.

I actually talked to a guy that owned one here in Austin and he discouraged me from buying one. He used it once and sold it on eBay for cheap. He said it wasn't even worth the $500 he got for it.

Poke

AG-EZ1 for sale

Poke said:
Okay, no info for me, huh? Well can anyone give me a list of cameras that utilize Frame Mode or shoot 30p, or tell me where to find said list.

I'm looking for one that would be under $1000. I thought I'd found one in the EZ1 (cause I heard a couple of stories about them being around $600), but I vcan't find it anywhere.

Poke

I bought the AG-EZ1 two years ago with a wide lens adaptor from a videographer working for Lucas Films in Marin, CA. The quality's amazing, though it doesn't have firewire since it's an older model. I'm looking to sell it and buy a simpler DV camcorder. Anyone interested? pcmiller@mac.com

Last edited:
Back