Wickerman masks for music video

My buddy Tyler Kinney up in Sacramento put these together for an upcoming music video shoot that pays homage to the original film "The Wicker Man". He used plastic pre-made masks as bases then built over them with paper mache, fabric on the bird and detailed them with paint, trying to keep the look folksy and handmade.

picture.php

More pics at http://tinyurl.com/3dqyc8f

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FdV-O8o7ok​

There are still some location details to iron out, but this is another project I'm looking forward to seeing realized. :bag:

SIGH.....you just KNEW I was going to post in this thread didn't you? ;)

Those are awesome! Thanks for sharing, and can't wait to see the video!

Really those are sweet-plastic base-PVC (like Halloween mask type)?

Really sweet!:D

Tyler started with the basic PVC masks then added paper mache to build up the features and black ribbon (to fasten with) instead of the thin rubber bands.

I'll post some test footage down the road. I still haven't decided if I want to make part of the music video actually LOOK like the original film stock. That would take some doing. We'll see.

Tinalera - I figured you would chime in! :)
Dready - The Wicker Man is definitely worth a look! Be sure to skip the remake. I hear it's dreadful.

Tyler started with the basic PVC masks then added paper mache to build up the features and black ribbon (to fasten with) instead of the thin rubber bands.

I'll post some test footage down the road. I still haven't decided if I want to make part of the music video actually LOOK like the original film stock. That would take some doing. We'll see.

Tinalera - I figured you would chime in! :)
Dready - The Wicker Man is definitely worth a look! Be sure to skip the remake. I hear it's dreadful.

Interesting, I hadn't thought of using a PVC mask itself as a base and putting paper-mache's around it-that leads me to some possible inspiration! That's awesome! I'll have to some experimenting!

I like the idea of the black ribbon in place of plastic bands-it would seem more appropriate for a "homemade" look in the mask.

I think everyone here knows i like masks. Though, Venetian is my usual preference, i always like the unusual variety. These are quite expressive and make my imagination flow. I would definitely like to see the video when it's done.

I'm going to try and figure out a way to shoot some film for this video. No idea where I'll get the money for processing and transfer, but I'll figure that out. Might not be for the whole video, but it really would be great to at least get some shots on 16mm to make it look "legit."

Cracker - that is a neat video and actually a cool song. :)

I'm glad, Bird. They are scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Then we're scouting some locations on Wednesday for the woods scene. Really hope I can get this footage in the can somehow, someway. As much as I'd love to shoot some actual 16MM film for this one, I have a feeling it's not in the cards.

Stay tuned...

WE ROCKED THE SET!! Awesome time. :D

Thank you Brian Luce and Steve Richards for the amazing work. What a great shoot. You guys will have to send me some stills. Importing footage now. Time for sleep...

Back