25P Blurry

I am having serious issues with using 25p mode on my new Canon XF300. When I shoot in 25p when I pan or move the camera much then the image gets blurred and has a sort of lag. It looks like the effect of a low shutter speed but even if I rack it up to 1/100 + it's still the same. The default of 1/25 is not good at all.
When shooting at 50i the clips are fine.

Is there something I am doing wrong, is the camera faulty or is that just how it is?

Mods - sorry if this is the wrong section, please move as appropriate.

Andy S

nice cam..

does the quality of the lighting change things?

maybe you just dont like that look.. I know I did NOT like 24p when I started out.. but have since decided its the bees knees..

just some info..

file.php

http://kamranali.blogspot.com/

nice cam..

does the quality of the lighting change things?

maybe you just dont like that look.. I know I did NOT like 24p when I started out.. but have since decided its the bees knees..
That might very well be the case. Do you happen to know of any clips online that easily demonstrate the difference between 25p and 50i in a side by side type test?
I know roughly what the difference is but I can't put my finger on whether it's user/camera error or just the "look" that is the problem with my clips.

Andy, my experience is that 25p, and I assume 24p, is very subject to judder/strobing when panning, and that's not a fault with the camera, it just goes with the territory. As suggested by wheatgrinder, your panning speeds are critical, so try slower pans (or faster pans). On the other hand , I am not a great expert so it could be something else like your computer struggling to keep up with HD.

Back