• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Dead on Time

Hey there guys,

We are a group of indie filmmakers from Greece and we just released this action packed short film, I'd love to know what you folks think and give some feedback. It's got guns, cars, explosions...oh and a story.

DEAD ON TIME

6.gif

Outstanding!!
Shades of RUN LOLA RUN and RETROACTIVE, I love the time trip twists.
Great credits, editing, music, etc.

He's driving, but it's her fault there's no gas?

It sets it off on a sour note.

The car crash at the end was also obviously coming, I guess mostly because it's a visual cliche by now. There are tutorials and lots of instances of it everywhere. It's also unmotivated.

As for the central plot, I guess there's something there. Not sure if it could be made to make any sense though. Why is it happening?

Continued:

The device in Run Lola Run was different, with an important distinction. She didn't take anything from one scenario to the next. They were just different outcomes of her situation where the tiniest differences in timing led to completely different results.

If the character is learning from one iteration to the next, that imples there's some reason for this to be happening. What's the reason?

Hey , thanks for the comments guys

@polifilmblog

I guess it's more like Groundhog day, but then again they never explained what the reason of the time repeating was. You don't really need to know to be honest.

And yeah , I agree that the car is a cliche shot, I was just aiming on the surprise factor since it's so fast and you don't have much time to think about what is happening.

Also, he is driving because she is sleeping.

Kind of funny, because I was talking on the phone to a friend, during this movie. It was subtitled, so I had the volume on low. During the conversation I kept saying, "Oh Shit!!!" (the first time the boyfriend is shot, etc.) My friend on the phone kept saying, "What?" I told him to just watch the dang movie. I was still talking when the girl picked up her papers, but I didn't realize she was even in the roadway. The car came and ...."Oh Shit!!" That is a good movie, to me, where it keeps grabbing you and forcing your eyes to stay on the screen.

The device in Run Lola Run was different, with an important distinction. She didn't take anything from one scenario to the next. They were just different outcomes of her situation where the tiniest differences in timing led to completely different results.

As far as RUN LOLA RUN, she did make adjustments each time. I felt that her previous experience was retained. The first time she goes to the bank, she doesn't know how to deal with her father and his mistress. Her desperation builds. The next time, she doesn't bother explaining and just points the gun.

I enjoyed it. The color is what kept bothering me. At the beginning it worked really well, in a Tarantino "Death Proof" kinda way. But then as we got into the meat of the film it seemed washed out and flat?? Maybe it's just me??

I enjoyed it. The color is what kept bothering me. At the beginning it worked really well, in a Tarantino "Death Proof" kinda way. But then as we got into the meat of the film it seemed washed out and flat?? Maybe it's just me??

Yeah I know what you mean, it's because it was outdoors and we had better light, while when we were inside the light was more diffused.

Back