• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Revenge of the Aspie

Hello everyone,

My name is Nigel Parkinson, Jr. and I'm a producer/filmmaker. Please leave a comment about my film, "The Revenge of the Aspie" on here and on YouTube.com - here is the YouTube link - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_5tXd1SjQg

Thank you!

Synopsis: A man, JB, who has Asperger's Syndrome is sitting alone eating his ice cream on the steps. He ends up being bullied by another man, Keith, who is a martial artist. JB ends up confronting Keith in a martial arts gym for ruining his enjoyment of his ice cream.

I submitted the film "The Revenge of the Aspie" to the 2010 Washington, DC 24 Hours Film Race (www.filmracing.com) and the film won an Audience Award for Second Place!!!

Could have been better, could have been worse.
The acting could have been better, but I think the characters worked.

It’s cool you did it in 24 hours, even cooler that it ranked.

Hopefully it can also serve as a vehicle through which to discuss and consider
ways to make future projects even better.

(Welcome to the site Nigel.)

-Thanks-

"The Revenge of the Aspie"

Could have been better, could have been worse.
The acting could have been better, but I think the characters worked.

It’s cool you did it in 24 hours, even cooler that it ranked.

Hopefully it can also serve as a vehicle through which to discuss and consider
ways to make future projects even better.

(Welcome to the site Nigel.)

-Thanks-

Hello Buddy,

Thank you for viewing my film, "The Revenge of the Aspie"

What I would have preferred to have done is to have sent out a casting notice, recieve responses, contact the actors who I see fit to audition, and field out the actors who I see would have best filled those particular roles well. We were working on a very short time before the day of the filming, so I didn't have time to do the whole casting protocol I would have liked. I was accepting anything that came my way as far of the actors. The one who played the girlfriend, Erika, is very talented and has some impressive credits to her name like a reccuring role in the show "The Wire", and the actor who played JB the character with the Asperger's syndrome knew a lot about the syndrome and also does comedic improve so I was fortunate to have them both. The one who played the concieted boyfriend, Keith, was new to acting but he having been a student of martial arts was ready for the physical demands of the stunts, but as I was working with him he got better as we went along as far as his acting.

Yeah when I wrote the script, the characters seemed to jump right out of the pages. They seemed so alive. I love the characters that I'm considering writing a feature length version of the story.

This film is definetly a part of my growth as a producer/filmmaker that I'm very proud of it. I'm open to listening to and responding to any discussion about the film.

The Q & A which was after the screening at the World Premiere on Thursday, September 30 in Washington, DC was the best part. It gave me a chance to connect with my audience. One of the questions that I was asked was why I chose to have a character with Asperger's syndrome and I answered with sincere honesty that I hadn't known about it and doing the film had me learn more about the syndrome. The ranking was based on the Audience so I like to consider that the Q & A section helped the film out a little with the Audience decision. I thank the Audience for placing us second.

All the experience of working on the film for that 24 hours, any discussions, any type of criticism - positive or negative, will help prepare me when I'm ready to work on my next projects. There are various projects that are in development.

Thanks!

Nigel Parkinson, Jr.

Back