I'm a photographer who needs a video camera

Hey guys,

My first post so I guess I'll give a little background on what I'm trying to do.

Every night, I pull my hair out because nikon hasn't released a DSLR that can do video like the 5DMKII.

Anyways, I have a bit of an investment in nikon equipment but all of it is for still cameras. (Maybe I should buy a d3s but I keep having this feeling that soon... soon... there will be some sweet new dslr from nikon that does video incredibly).

What I'm wondering is; is there a digital video camera that can take f-mount (nikon) lenses that will shoot video better than a cropped sensor nikon (d5000/d90/d300s)?

Thanks for any help guys. I know I'm probably outta luck but thought I'd give it a shot anyways.

Another Seattleite!

Just a thought -- with one of these adapters, could you put your f-mount lenses on a 5D?

http://www.fotodiox.com/index.php?cPath=21_100

The tilt-shift feature of those adaptors is probably unnecessary (and makes it more expensive), but you can get a straight up FD to EF adaptor for £30 or so. You'll have to check which lenses and cameras the electronic monitoring works with, though maybe in the long run you'd be better off waiting and investing in a Nikon body.

Back