announcement Three year free Premiere Membership contest

References are good, I've had bad luck using CL.

I can recommend Kim Phillips, wholeheartedly. FYI, she's more of an aqcuaintance than a friend (point being -- I'm not trying to just hook up a friend, this is my honest recommendation). She's passionate about her work, very creative, and straight-up professional. She did some work on my 48HFP a couple years ago, and I'm going to be hiring her to do the titles for my current feature.

I have absolutely no clue what she would ask for compensation, but please PM me if you'd like her email (although, I'm sure it's on her website).

Figured I would take a stab at this...

I have a lot of designs for the logo. I will slowly post them over the next few days...

Enjoy or Dislike.

indietalk.jpg

Of course this is pretty rough.

I like Dreadylocks' concept, but agree with CF about the execution. I could see a night vision with a more neutral palette.

I have to say I'm not a fan of the Hollywood sign motif. I mean, this is Indietalk, right? Aren't we sort of by our nature anti-Hollywood?

I've been all over the Internets and this right here is the REAL DEAL. We're not populated nor run by teenagers with their parents' handycams. Here you can chat with working professionals, stroll the premiere membership areas for sneak previews of movies our own members are working on with huge indie stars, talk to folks who've sold screenplays for 6 figures and have them critique your short script, etc. You get real, practical advice and inspiration from experts all day long. No one else on the web can say that.

Think huge, folks...your mission as designers is to sell the awesomeness of our community and all it stands for in a logo. So far I've seen nothing that does that better than our current design.

I appreciate the postive comments about my idea. And I take no offense whatsoever
about the 'negative' comments. I know I'm not a grpahic designer. And anyone who
likes the concept and wants to do better with it is totally welcome to do so :)

At the same time, I totally agree with everything Uranium City said.

It's true a lot of indies are, by nature, anti-Hollywood. But for a lot of indies, it's not
their preference and I think this site has a mixture of both. I personally don't think it
should have to be black and white. I would also work in the studio system if they
would have me. (please don't throw stones :P)

That was a digression, sorry. But I guess my point is that with my concept, I was trying
to be a bit ironic. We are like the United Federation of Anarchists. We shirk the Hollywood
system and have made our own indie version of Hollywood here online and in our own
communities.

But I guess my point is that with my concept, I was trying
to be a bit ironic.

It occurred to me after my post that you probably meant for it to be taken ironically. You are obviously intelligent and witty and I was slow on the uptake.

So when does this contest end?

Also, being new here not sure why every post I clicked on so far tells me I don't have access to read the posts? Maybe I need to wait for something to become active?

Anyway, if this contest is running for awhile I might post a few ideas also?

...maybe a big Monty Python foot on the Hollywood-like font...

Eh. Good luck, I look forward to seeing everything.

-- spinner :cool:

I like TheOpusFuller´s logo and think it has potential, but I also like the current design.
Moreover I agree with Uranium City concerning the hollywood-logo. The logo is, in my opinion, too childish and though everyone is friendly ( and probably deep in his heart still a little kid ;) ) it does not convey that here you can get professional advices.

I vote for OpusFuller! :)

I'm no graphic designer.. but here's a rough idea anyway.. if something like this is chosen someone else would have to refine it. But I think its got all the things I like most about a logo, it encompasses the topics this forum is related to (community, film) includes the name, and letters of the two words that make up the name subliminally. :D

4859559399_4f32a9f5f1.jpg

I'm no graphic designer.. but here's a rough idea anyway.. if something like this is chosen someone else would have to refine it. But I think its got all the things I like most about a logo, it encompasses the topics this forum is related to (community, film) includes the name, and letters of the two words that make up the name subliminally. :D

4859559399_4f32a9f5f1.jpg

I think this is a very sophisticated design, it's very architectural and may even be a bit elitist. But, don't get me wrong, I like it. I also think you'd need to add sprockets to the bottom of the *T* lintel...most peeps wouldn't recognize super8 or 16 perforations...they're used to double sprockets. Nice job.

I think the idea, actually, was that the perfs for the other side would be where the indietalk words are at the bottom, and the blank space between would be the actual 'frame' but whatevs.. like I said, I'm not a designer, it's a concept.

huh.. wow, that really doesn't contain any of the same things that my rough sketch does.. no offense Buddy, but that seems to completely miss the points I was trying to convey.

Not sure it's cool to take someone else's design, use elements of it, and make your own design. I mean, this may be a community contest, but it's not a collaborative effect to win an award here...

Back