• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch seven a.m. (my second short)

Okay, this is my second short. There are some sound issues, primarily with using the built in microphone on the Sony CX12 and not knowing how to turn off 5.1 surround (so you hear cars and stuff). I did use Audacity to clean up what I could. But, I know what to do next time.
These are the same performers that were in my first one.."Muse"...
Edited in Corel VideoStudio X3....Sony Vegas collapses under AVCHD (on my PC)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dzONK51P8iE&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dzONK51P8iE&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Input is appreciated.

Last edited:
I think you need to learn how to turn that whatever off. It sounds like the mic is pointed AWAY from the actors. I really had to strain to hear them, and it was impossible whenever a car was passing.

This isn't normal camcorder mic sound. Just a few minutes ago, I actually commented in defense of a dude who used his in-cam mic. But that video and this one sound completely different. I mean, it's a huge problem. I wish I could comment on the story being told, and stuff like that, but I can't, because I don't know what I just watched.

You should make that audio issue your absolute #1 priority to fix.

Cheers, and best of luck!

What Cracker Funk said.

The sound issue makes this almost unwatchable and most people will give up in the first 60 seconds.

I think you need to learn how to turn that whatever off. It sounds like the mic is pointed AWAY from the actors. I really had to strain to hear them, and it was impossible whenever a car was passing.

This isn't normal camcorder mic sound. Just a few minutes ago, I actually commented in defense of a dude who used his in-cam mic. But that video and this one sound completely different. I mean, it's a huge problem. I wish I could comment on the story being told, and stuff like that, but I can't, because I don't know what I just watched.

You should make that audio issue your absolute #1 priority to fix.

Cheers, and best of luck!

Thanks CF. I think it's that 5.1 surround and I couldn't figure out how to turn it off.....until I got home and it seemed the option came right up. It was picking up cars and stuff behind me.

I ordered a good mic, so I know the next one will be better.

Thanks for the honest response.

Do I detect an incorrect aspect ratio? Is the image squeezed?

For an outside scene on a busy street, you may want to rethink your screenplay and reduce your actor's lines. That way you can record it without sound. Add street sounds, then have the actors dub their lines. Even with a shotgun mic right above their lips and out of frame it will still be noisy if they are close to the traffic. Something to think about...

Do I detect an incorrect aspect ratio? Is the image squeezed?

For an outside scene on a busy street, you may want to rethink your screenplay and reduce your actor's lines. That way you can record it without sound. Add street sounds, then have the actors dub their lines. Even with a shotgun mic right above their lips and out of frame it will still be noisy if they are close to the traffic. Something to think about...

Thanks for the advice. Okay, let me ask you this...

The next film will follow the couple as they hang out in the Westport area of town. It's an artsy area with lots of small shops and boutiques. Like the above flick, it will be "Method Filmmaking". They will have a plot and b asked to improvise while in character.

They will be walking in/out of shops, maybe sitting down for a coffee or coke, walking along the street at times. etc.

I was thinking of using the Sony wireless bluetooth mics on them (find a way to hide them). I just feel that someone following with a boom will take away from the casual atmosphere and be a problem when they go into different venues. With the wireless, I can film from a distance, get footage of other stuff when I can't film them, etc.

Any thoughts or tips on this? Thanks in advance.

Back