Anyone wanting to make series for Youtube?

Hi.

I'm a brazilian script writter.

I have some ideas of low/no budget kind of sitcom to post once a week on Youtube.

My english is not perfect but pretty understandable so there would be no problem to understand my scripts.

He hasn't been on since May 11th of 2010.

I have an idea for a web comedy series but want to focus on other things. I can write, but would not be able to produce or direct any time soon. If anyone is interested in getting together on it, let me know.

It would be a recurring series with each episode being 22 minutes long. The title is Mojo Dojo. The plot is that the main character teaches seduction in a strip mall. His personality is modeled after a combination of any "Sensei" that got their training by answering an add for a martial arts instructor and Ash from Evil Dead.

I don't currently watch any web series. If 22 minutes is too long for the ADHD generation, it could be set up as 11 minute episodes. Any less than that would make it difficult to establish the story line and resolve it smoothly. I'm thinking of the standard television sit-com formula.

Three different directors in three different countries - how cool would that be?

I'd be interested, and I'll add a 4th country, Philippines! I've got a vacation BEACH rental there and usually spend part of the year there our place has been used for feature film production in the past. FREE base/studio.

There's even a big rental house 90 minutes away. RED cams, Sachtlers, blah blah.

Last edited:
If 22 minutes is too long for the ADHD generation, it could be set up as 11 minute episodes. Any less than that would make it difficult to establish the story line and resolve it smoothly. I'm thinking of the standard television sit-com formula.
I figured you were thinking of the TV sitcom. My point is the
web series is a different thing. It has nothing to do with " the
ADHD generation" it has everything to do with the standards
of the medium. The challenge is creating something compelling,
establishing a story line and resolve it smoothly in a shorter
amount of time. People who do not watch web series often make
the mistake that the audience is the same as those who watch
network TV.

You should watch a few web series if your goal is to make one.
Imagine making a feature film without ever seeing one - only
reading about them.

I don't currently watch any web series.
Why?

You want to make one and you want other people to watch
yours; why do you not watch any web series?

Why?

You want to make one and you want other people to watch
yours; why do you not watch any web series?

Because I don't really know any. I'm sure that there are some great shows out there, I just haven't found any that interest me. In all fairness, it's due to a lack of looking on my part, not a lack of content.

My goal with a web series would be to get it on television at some point (maybe adult swim). I had considered doing stop motion animation using action figures like Robot Chicken, but think that style has been overused.

You are correct that I am ignorant as to what makes a good web series and I will follow your advice to rectify the situation. Do you have any particular recommendations?

Back