Will from UK

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the indi (or indeed any) film scene. I'm learning quick though :)

Currently helping on a micro budget film, and finding the whole process amazing. Hoping to ask lots of questions from you guys.

Wills.

:O someone else from Shropshire! that makes three of us :L - where abouts in shropshire?

SMITH

Hi Chaps,

I'm a bit North of Shrewsbury (15 miles) - Prees, nr Whitchurch.

We're just starting filming and did our technical rehearsal last weekend! - First scenes being filmed this Sunday!!!

We're doing the sound to an Edirol R44 with NTG3, Z5 camera 1 and Z1 camera 2.

Wills

Awesome, Whats the piece you're working on about?

Me 'n' Chilipie shot a feature last summer in Shrewsbury :)

SMITH

Awesome, Whats the piece you're working on about?

Me 'n' Chilipie shot a feature last summer in Shrewsbury :)

SMITH

Hi,

It's called Olivia's Army

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=224745774191

Out of work actress, Olivia, lands the toughest role of her career - that of a bank robber. Helped by her grandson, Jack and his friends they storm the bank, taking everyone inside hostage. During the hostage negotiations they stall for time because for their plan to work, time is all they need.

The bank scene is going to be something like 4am in the summer so that we can run around with replica guns... the local police have been very helpful in 'directing' us as to whats required from a legal POV.

:)

That looks really good, when are you planning to wrap? Great to see some more indies round here, just have to hope the armed response units know what you're up to :D What kind of lighting/grip kit are you using?

What kind of lighting/grip kit are you using?

We've got 800W Redhead Studio Lights x 3 for indoor and standard 500w halogens for an outdoor night scene - that we're yet to practice with... the light will be replicating moonlight through trees so will need to be on a v.long pole!

I've not seen the crane yet so don't know the make/model - I think we get it this weekend and we should also be getting a glidecam too. The dolly is a homemade and I need to make new casters to cut out the wheel sound we currently have on it.

We've got friends in the building trade so they're lending a hand with some sets and if needed have access to plant machinery etc.

Wills.

Back