• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Golden: Supernatural thriller - trailer, website, and promotion

Here's the opening scene to Golden, a supernatural thriller I'm directing.

Five high school students discover an abandoned mine and are forced to decide between rescuing a friend or reaping a fortune in gold.

http://vimeo.com/3778041

Currently casting and preping for principle photography early next year.

www.goldenthemovie.com

Thank you,

Dean Yurke

onesheet_forest_buriedface_web05.jpg

I don't know if it's vimeo or my conn but it was a bit choppy. Next I think for a trailer it takes to long (50sec-ish) to get to anything that peeks my interest. Finally I like the music at the end very 80's horror.

It looks beautiful. I wish my camera had this nice a picture :(. Please let me know when this is done, I absolutely want to see it.

Hi there Dean. Great trailer! Watched it this morning and after switching off the HD option, it ran perfectly smooth. Brilliant clip. Loved the CG! And it really makes me want to watch more. The colour range that you have used for the video is amazing, looks great!

Brilliant title creation too! :)

Hi there Dean. Great trailer! Watched it this morning and after switching off the HD option, it ran perfectly smooth. Brilliant clip. Loved the CG! And it really makes me want to watch more. The colour range that you have used for the video is amazing, looks great!

Brilliant title creation too! :)

Thank you Michael! Really appreciate the comments : )

Check out the youtube cilp in HD plays much better than vimeo.

Thanks again!

Dean.

Nice work! It really looks awesome - the Vimeo was a bit choppy for me too, but it's probably just my computer since the video on the site works perfectly. Gorgeous photography, really! And awesome CGI and the music at the end is great - sets the tone for the whole film.... I'd love to see it.

And so... you're looking for actors huh?....... :) I'll send you an email......

Nice work! It really looks awesome - the Vimeo was a bit choppy for me too, but it's probably just my computer since the video on the site works perfectly. Gorgeous photography, really! And awesome CGI and the music at the end is great - sets the tone for the whole film.... I'd love to see it.

And so... you're looking for actors huh?....... :) I'll send you an email......

Thanks Cera! Got it.

Nun Of That is a fantastic trailer! Loved it.

nunofthat-mainposter-787846.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/nunofthatthemovie

Hey Dean...thanks for the mention...very cool of you--especially on your own thread. NUN OF THAT is doing very well, we are so stoked. Just got picked up for national distro...and still being asked to play in festivals.

Cool stuff. I'm sure GOLDEN will do very well also...it looks kickass.

Looks like a lot of work went into that opening segment. :)

Good luck with the project!

Thanks Zensteve, it took about six weeks of inferno and about three days too shoot. The weather up in the redwoods is very unpredictable, on a sunny day you get up there and it's shrouded in mist and super dark - next day it's clear and gorgeous.

Back