Hello From Canada

Hello all. First time post for a newbie filmmaker. My first film, a little 5 min short called "Delivery Day", is currently in progress. It came to me in the middle of the night(don't most ideas?*l*), and the next day I did the bulk principal shooting. It helps that there's isn't any dialogue I guess.

I don't even have a website yet to show my work*L* Still all putting it together.

Looks like some good discussion going on though :)

Thanks for the good wishes. You'll see it, once I A) get a website to get it viewed, and B)actually get the guts to show it! *L* Anyone else have that fear of showing a movie-be it your first or 10th(or hundredth)? :)

EDIT:Well, after reading the screening room announcement, I see that "A" doesn't apply-you just need a link to the movie via WMP. So I can't use that excuse *L* Guess we'll have to finish it and have the guts to show it :)

Last edited:
'sup :cool:

A) You can even just plop your video up on YouTube and link it in the thread. You dodn't even need your own webhost, that way.

B) The guts to show it? Just put it out there and see what happens. There's no need to apologise for lack of budget, lack of equipment, lack of experience, lack of whatever-the-heck. Noone ever has everything they need. Since this is a forum for filmmakers, you'll most likely get some feedback on whatever you plop up.

None of the comments or feedback are meant to be taken personally - it's not uncommon to have people point out things that didn't work well, or things that need additional work on. Most times, those same people pointing out errors will also be suggesting ways to improve or fix them, either for the current project or for things to think about for the next one.

It ain't like random YouTube comments where the most feeback you'll get is "lol" :rolleyes:

It's a never-ending process. Finish a project to the best of your ability. Learn from mistakes (and revel in the successes), and make the next one even better. :P

Thanks for the good wishes. You'll see it, once I A) get a website to get it viewed, and B)actually get the guts to show it! *L* Anyone else have that fear of showing a movie-be it your first or 10th(or hundredth)? :)

Oh yeah. I've even released videos with absolutely no marketing at all sometimes cause I secretly don't want anyone to see it, lol. Of course, youtube comments like "ur a fag" and "lol ths suxxorz"

Eventually you just stop caring about the internet... it's live, public screenings that scare the literal shit outta me...

I can handle critiquing...I'm always looking to improve. Like you said, it's the stuff where it just gets laughed at...this is a movie forum though, I don't think there would be a lot of that.

I can understand the live screenings...that's where you get to meet people afterward, and they get tell you to face to face-there's no "delete' button*L*

Thanks for the kind words, I look forward to getting "Delivery Day" up for your purusal. :)

Back