canon L2/L1 users?

hey all, im wondering if anyone has experience using a canon L1 or L2

high 8 film.

thinking of buying an L2 on ebay for around 300$ wich would cap out my budget.
cant spend the 2,000$ for a newer setup. just want something to get my feet wet with filmaking.

im a semi-experienced photographer, and my budget is currently capped do to the purchase of a new camera(nikon d90)

I used Hi8 for years. Both are fine cameras.

Since they aren't digital you'll need a converter to get the video
to your NLE - but that isn't really much of an issue. Either one
is fine for getting your feet wet.

You posted this in the film section and posted "film" so do you know Hi8 is video?

Thread moved.

hmmmmm

my thoughts exactly^

i figured any camcorder with changeable lenses would be the better choice.
plus i want the features offered with a "professional" setup, even if it is older.

the L2 i have my eyes on, also comes with the canon SLR converter/extender wich will alow me to use any cannon AF lenses, wich i have a few left over from when i used a 10d.

the mic input is definetly a selling point for me, as well as the lenses.
i cant imagin getting very good sound quality with a standard consumer style camcorder.
atleast i can branch off with the L2.

cant wait to jump into film making,
my brother and i are gunna throw half n half on this L2, and possibly get some lighting..

any suggestions?(on lighting)
i have strobes, but i cant imagine i could use these, since they are meant for a burst, instead of continuous shooting.(soft boxes n all)

I've seen video shot with a L2 that rivals anything made with MiniDV. Maybe it's the lens. But take warning: Some of the ones you see on Ebay, like the L1/L2/A1, Sony CCD-VX3 look like great cameras (I used to have a VX3), but the all suffer from the same plague - leaking surface mount capacitors. I have a hook up with a guy who specializes in repairing the leaking caps on the Sony's. I think he charges $245 to replace them, and I know another place that specializes in the L1/L2 line, probably the same price. Just warning you.

Hello,

I'm from France and I have a Sony CCD-V6000 killed by leaking capacitors (PCBs are dead)

Since it's a Pal camera, do you think the guy you know could repair it?

Thanks!

Back