Shoot a scene with a person running alongside a plane

Your biggest problem will be finding an airport, pilot and airplane that will allow your talent to run along side the airplane. All the shots in your example were fairly simple. One was a long telephoto shot from the front, the next was a panning shot from far to one side (also telephoto, which makes the runner appear very close to the aircraft when he was probably a good safe distance away), and the final shot was from inside the aircraft (obviously).

If you recall to that scene in Liar Liar! Jim Carey was riding along side that plane on the runway. I know he wasn't running, but it was a similar scene. so perhaps like what the person earlier mentioned, you could get a golf card or even a car and film it from the side angle

If you recall to that scene in Liar Liar! Jim Carey was riding along side that plane on the runway. I know he wasn't running, but it was a similar scene. so perhaps like what the person earlier mentioned, you could get a golf card or even a car and film it from the side angle

I'm not able to see this video where I'm at, (bandwidth restrictions and all) until I get home, but, I've messed around a bit with Green Screen. You can do just about anything with Green screen shoots. It's probably a little more practical and safer depending on your situation, like others have said, can you find an airport that will allow something like this? Possibly, but with green screen, you can even take stock footage of an airplace taking off, then film your actor in front of a green screen , then drop your actor onto the airplane footage. Use stock footage to save you money instead of renting a pilot and a plane and also, well, workman's comp for the actor in case he slips. he-he!

Back