• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Lights Film School?

I saw the ad for lightsfilmschool.com on the home page a few times today and I looked at it. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this place. The cost isn't outrageous, but there are several spelling and grammatical errors on the site, so I don't know if it's credible or not.

Anyone have any kind of experience with them at all, or know anyone who does?

Thanks.

Lights Film School

I signed up to Lights about 4-5 months ago, so far I am very pleased with what they have to offer. They focus on what they call an outcomes based education. For example they have a student read a lecture on how to write a screenplay, then they have that student write a screenplay. The actual reading of the lecture is good and provides basic knowledge that will help in writing a screenplay, but most of the real learning comes from writing the screenplay.

They also give the student as much time as they need to complete assignments, which is very nice for someone like me who is very busy working and going to school. They are also very reasonably priced, as I'm sure you noticed. They aren't perfect, I had the same misgivings when I first looked at the site, but I tried it and I have not regretted it.

Back