announcement Submit DVDs for review

Any chances to send a PAL DVD for a review? Our movie has been released commercially on a 2-DVD-set but is PAL only, English subs are available. I don't know for NTSC DVD players, but most of the PAL players can play NTSC DVDs also.

Oh that's really cool, Indie.

Have you ever seen Yamji? Theron Parlin (a web-guru) designed it as kind of a web2.0 style user-review system... I know this isn't really related to the new reviews thing, but there's some really good ideas on there- audio film reviews, and such. I know this just started too, but for down the line, perhaps (if the reviewers are inclined as such) you could get web-cast style (lonely youtube) video-reviews and compile them in a monthly video with each reviewers' 'indie-of-the-month'?

Any chances to send a PAL DVD for a review? Our movie has been released commercially on a 2-DVD-set but is PAL only, English subs are available. I don't know for NTSC DVD players, but most of the PAL players can play NTSC DVDs also.

Played well on my NTSC DVD player...and was good too, I liked it. One nose up from me!

Check which reviewer can play it.

freezer, just send it on in and take a chance if you want.

Thanks indietalk, I will do it :)

@ john & knightly
Great to here it worked in your NTSC player - seems like the only problem would be region codes, luckily we have decided to allow all regions.

Just wondering WHY Does it have to be proffesionally packaged... that costs money, whats wrong with sending screener DVD's... marker pen and all. If its okay for the magazines and press why not Indie Talk?

If you want it reviewed you have to follow the instructions. Every site has their own requirements, those are ours.

Back