Home

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > Showcase > Screening Room > Other

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
JetFace
Basic Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Canada, Ontario
Posts: 22
MysteryGuitarMan Your Song Challenge

If anybody follows Youtube much, MysteryGuitarMan made a video on thursday offering a challenge where people have to take video clips of him play notes on a guitar, bass, keyboard, vocals, etc and make a song out of it.
I decided to give it shot so I spent a few days editing the music and filming (I notice alot of people just made the music but nothing unique with the video) So I made a clip of me getting coffee then turning on the tv to find him playing, and eventually he starts playing on the monitor and my mac, and on the ps3, and on the wall, etc. (And even at one point I pull out my phone discovering he's playing a solo ha) So ya check it out, I worked pretty hard on it, thanks!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szrBmzpG14k
JetFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member
 
Posts: 17

 
Old 05-08-2011, 01:20 PM   #2
gooberman
Basic - Premiere Expired
 
gooberman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFace View Post
If anybody follows Youtube much, MysteryGuitarMan made a video on thursday offering a challenge where people have to take video clips of him play notes on a guitar, bass, keyboard, vocals, etc and make a song out of it.
I decided to give it shot so I spent a few days editing the music and filming (I notice alot of people just made the music but nothing unique with the video) So I made a clip of me getting coffee then turning on the tv to find him playing, and eventually he starts playing on the monitor and my mac, and on the ps3, and on the wall, etc. (And even at one point I pull out my phone discovering he's playing a solo ha) So ya check it out, I worked pretty hard on it, thanks!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szrBmzpG14k
fixed. Good job
gooberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
JetFace
Basic Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Canada, Ontario
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooberman View Post
fixed. Good job
Thanks, every time I try to link a video it never comes up.
JetFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:36 PM   #4
Zensteve
Basic - Premiere Expired
 
Zensteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Unfashionable NoHo
Posts: 11,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetFace View Post
Thanks, every time I try to link a video it never comes up.
You only need to put the YT video ID# between the tags.

Watching it now. Back in a min.

Edit: Hmm, that was prett weird. Probably make more sense if I read up on MysteryMan guy.

So you have to arrange random notes & beats to create the actual song, too, before you even start working on the video?

Last edited by Zensteve; 05-08-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Zensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 03:42 PM   #5
JetFace
Basic Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Canada, Ontario
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensteve View Post
You only need to put the YT video ID# between the tags.

Watching it now. Back in a min.

Edit: Hmm, that was prett weird. Probably make more sense if I read up on MysteryMan guy.

So you have to arrange random notes & beats to create the actual song, too, before you even start working on the video?

Basically he gives you a bunch of videos like him playing every note on the bass, guitar, keyboard (chords as well) as well as vocals, and drums. So you have to make a song out of all these clips, he said there weren't any rules SO I guess you could even do a cover, or play along with him or use older clips, etc. Basically make stop motion music, it's what he's most famous for on Youtube.
JetFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 06:09 PM   #6
Alcove Audio
Basic - Premiere Expired
 
Alcove Audio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Fairfield County, CT
Posts: 7,617
This is MysteryGuitarMan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuU00Q3RhDg


It is, in essence, a self-mashup.

Here's a personal favorite mash-up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVxe5NIABsI
Alcove Audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
challenge, mysteryguitarman, song


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


©IndieTalk