Home

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > Classified Ads > Film Market > Buy/Sell

Old 08-11-2006, 02:50 PM   #16
King Goldfish
Basic - Premiere Expired

Actually, I have seen softwares or plugins for premeire called "Lightscape"? I think thats the name of it. It will simulate shadows based on your background scene. It will save you the trouble of reshooting or in the future of having to adjust lights.

Of course its used for PCs not Macs. there might be a stand-alone version.
King Goldfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member

Old 08-11-2006, 06:23 PM   #17
oakstreetphotovideo
Basic - Premiere Expired

Quote:
I think for your demo you should reshoot your model, with the proper lighting and shadow to match that of your scene. I say this because it may have a big impact on someones decision to purchase the product. He or she may feel that the edges might not come out with shaded regions.
Noted. Thank you, for the feedback. Time is always the constraint for me, but I'll work it in somewhere.
Quote:
making the background screen change shades of green
This sound like it could be a lighting problem, but also could be incorrect or floating white balance. The white balance should always be carefully set and locked for chroma-key work.
oakstreetphotovideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 06:01 AM   #18
clive
Basic - Premiere Expired

Hey, just a little feedback on using the Vkey.

I did my first greenscreen project for a client, in less than ideal circumstances (huge screen area, very little control of lighting etc. etc) which all in all meant I couldn't get the even light that I wanted + I also had twenty six people on the stage at the same time, causing huge shadow issues.

Anyway, I thought that I'd try both the Vkey and the ChromaKey built into FCP HD and see which worked best.

I chroma keyed a clip first off and it was a knightmare to get a clean key -- I was messing about for hours and still didn't get what I wanted.

Then I Vkeyed the same footage and in three or four minutes I got a near perfect result -- I've got to say that I'm masively impressed with how well this software works.

Sorry, I can't post clips, but it was a project working with kids and I just won't post footage of kids on the net.

However, I'd happily write a testimonial for this product any day of the week -- I think for anyone planning a greenscreen shoot, it's a must have pluggin. I can't say enough good things about this.

Just to clarify I did the entire shoot on a Sony VX9000, which shoots DV, but on the large tapes, rather than mini-DV -- however, I've also got some mini-dv footage shot at the same location, so I'll post some more details when I've had a look at that. Next week maybe.
clive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 09:43 AM   #19
oakstreetphotovideo
Basic - Premiere Expired

Thank you, Clive. You are very kind. As soon as I get my head above water with work I'm doing for clients, I hope to redo my web pages and provide a place for customer testimonials. Until then, thank you, for taking the time to write about your experience with my chroma-keyer.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:32 PM   #20
oakstreetphotovideo
Basic - Premiere Expired

One of my customers uses my keyer to do http://5.moqvo.com/ (Moqvo's top five) every weekday.

Today (Sept 25), they've selected some pretty funny clips. The "Rocky / Eye of the Tiger" clip had me rolling.
Old 10-13-2006, 11:26 AM   #21
oakstreetphotovideo
Basic - Premiere Expired

I've created a new build (Oct 13, 2006) of VKey2 to address an issue in FCP that was resulting in a crash when using VKey2 in some, recent versions of FCP on some systems. The problem appeared to be a stack overflow. I don't want to be too hasty in closing this one, but if you are experiencing crashes with the demo, please download a new copy of the demo from the web-site. If you are a customer, please send email to support@oakstreetsoftware.com and I will promptly send you an update.

If you're not experiencing this problem, you have nothing to gain by installing this fix. There will probably be a more robust fix coming in the near future. I have to wait to see if this does, indeed, fix the problem, and then I'll need to thoroughly test the final update.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:27 PM   #22
oakstreetphotovideo
Basic - Premiere Expired

I released version 2.23 of VKey2 a couple of days ago. I was finally able to find the bug that was causing the crash and verify that it was, indeed fixed. The demo has been updated, and all current customers should have received an update. If you've purchased VKey2 and you have not received an update from me, please let me know, so I can get it out to you. This is an important bug fix.