Home

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > Classified Ads > Promotion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2018, 07:58 AM   #1
rangardt
Basic Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Berlin
Posts: 4
Post Music Interview project

Hello

I started a new music interview project with Impression Recordings an the artist Robot.

The first interviews came out today and I need some feedback and new ideas.

Interview with Shaun Nunutzi:

Do you think it's interesting? What would you add to a concept like this and how do you like the production?

All feedback is welcome and I would love to hear from some people who are experienced in this field!
rangardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member
 
Posts: 17

 
Old 05-18-2018, 09:29 AM   #2
Feutus Lapdance
Basic Member
 
Feutus Lapdance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Nederland
Posts: 440
Shouldend we hear some parts of performances.... or you know...music.
Feutus Lapdance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:31 AM   #3
rangardt
Basic Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Berlin
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feutus Lapdance View Post
Shouldend we hear some parts of performances.... or you know...music.
Well we want to make interviews where you feel close to the artist and by that wants to know more about the projects he or she is working on because the person seems interesting. If you know what I mean?
rangardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:48 AM   #4
indietalk
IndieTalk Founder
 
indietalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,612
Yes please, need to hear music or this becomes hard to watch simply because it's a talking head and unknown (to me) artist... and literally if this was Kurt Cobain talking for five minutes, you bet they would be cutting to quick clips of live performances, recording studio, album teases, etc. speaking of... when he mentions the new record, umm, you need to cut to a quick tease (album cover art, 5-10 seconds of a song)... technically it's good and I like the visual cutaways and fonts etc.
indietalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:50 AM   #5
rangardt
Basic Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Berlin
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by indietalk View Post
Yes please, need to hear music or this becomes hard to watch simply because it's a talking head and unknown (to me) artist... and literally if this was Kurt Cobain talking for five minutes, you bet they would be cutting to quick clips of live performances, recording studio, album teases, etc. speaking of... when he mentions the new record, umm, you need to cut to a quick tease (album cover art, 5-10 seconds of a song)... technically it's good and I like the visual cutaways and fonts etc.
Hmm okay, good feedback. I'll keep that in mind and see how this can develop into something like that.

We do however not want to keep it very commercial, it shouldn't be like the standard music interviews..
rangardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:51 AM   #6
indietalk
IndieTalk Founder
 
indietalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,612
I'm a musician too and if you did one of me I'd be pretty disappointed if you didn't play any music at all. This does not make me want to seek out this guys music, why? I have no idea of what it even sounds like or the genre.
indietalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:54 AM   #7
indietalk
IndieTalk Founder
 
indietalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,612
Can I give some perspective? Imagine a 7:34 minute interview with a cinematographer, and not showing any of his work.
indietalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:56 AM   #8
rangardt
Basic Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Berlin
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by indietalk View Post
Can I give some perspective? Imagine a 7:34 minute interview with a cinematographer, and not showing any of his work.
Haha I get your point, good feedback! We were planning more of having the content regarding the artist in the information section below. I will absolutely take this into consideration. I was hoping the audience would feel as if the interesting personality would make them interested in looking up the artist more, no matter the genre of the music.

Thanks a lot for giving such specific feedback
rangardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:05 AM   #9
indietalk
IndieTalk Founder
 
indietalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,612
No problem. If the band has music videos or live videos you could do quick cutaways to lyrics that make sense to what is being said in the interview. Example:

"We've been on the road for three years, sometimes we get on each others nerves..."
cut to their song with the chorus: "You're driving me crazyyyy"
cut back:
"...but we're family and families don't always get along"
indietalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:22 AM   #10
indietalk
IndieTalk Founder
 
indietalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,612
Also you could start the interview by showing the band playing live for a few seconds...

Today we are with ____ from ____ (cut to clip)
indietalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 11:33 AM   #11
indietalk
IndieTalk Founder
 
indietalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,612
Watch this from :34 to see how to edit together an interview, with musical performances, at the same time.

indietalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 02:58 PM   #12
Kaiborg
Basic Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 36
So, people don't really listen to music because the person making it is "interesting"... You listen to music because you like the music.

I know where you're coming from though. I have a podcast, and when it began it was focused around musicians. Soon I realized that with musicians, the most interesting thing they do is their actual music. There are exceptions, but it seems like if you're really good at expressing yourself through music, you're not going to be great in other ways of expression.
Kaiborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 03:32 PM   #13
Feutus Lapdance
Basic Member
 
Feutus Lapdance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Nederland
Posts: 440
I remember Smutcave doing some interesting video's with artist. Look how insane this is.... This makes me feel close to them... this freedom and randomness.

Also... I strongly disagree with the statement that musicians, the most interesting thing they do is their actual music. As a underground DJ and producer I see musicians that are more than only musicians. Visual artist's, philosophers, anarchist's, feminist's, mgtow's, insane people and comedians. Darm.... I just watch't the new video from Jon Lajoie. WHAT A MASTERFUL VIDEO CLIP!!!

Last edited by Feutus Lapdance; 05-18-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Feutus Lapdance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 05:02 PM   #14
Kaiborg
Basic Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feutus Lapdance View Post
I remember Smutcave doing some interesting video's with artist. Look how insane this is.... This makes me feel close to them... this freedom and randomness.

Also... I strongly disagree with the statement that musicians, the most interesting thing they do is their actual music. As a underground DJ and producer I see musicians that are more than only musicians. Visual artist's, philosophers, anarchist's, feminist's, mgtow's, insane people and comedians. Darm.... I just watch't the new video from Jon Lajoie. WHAT A MASTERFUL VIDEO CLIP!!!
In my 20 years of experience working in the music industry... It's unfortunately not the case once you separate the people who think they are interesting from the people who actually are. There are a lot of wannabes out there. Even with the legit musicians, they usually get there because music is the only/best way they can express themselves.
Kaiborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:04 AM   #15
Feutus Lapdance
Basic Member
 
Feutus Lapdance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Nederland
Posts: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiborg View Post
In my 20 years of experience working in the music industry... It's unfortunately not the case once you separate the people who think they are interesting from the people who actually are. There are a lot of wannabes out there. Even with the legit musicians, they usually get there because music is the only/best way they can express themselves.
Rock music and Pop?
Feutus Lapdance is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.


©IndieTalk