Home

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > The Biz > Indie

Old 03-07-2018, 10:36 PM   #16
buscando
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterB View Post
I don't expect it to bear fruits here: it might just not be warm enough in the house. Anyway, it looks lovely.
Cool, good luck with it
Here's some info in case you don't already know.
"One of the problems with container grown avocado plants is root rot. As is the case with most root disease, the cold damp conditions of winter often initiate the problem. Be sure to keep the plant's root system warm during cooler temperatures. Once soil disease organisms affect the root system, it is very hard to return the plant to health."
https://www.logees.com/howtogrowavocados
buscando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member

Old 03-08-2018, 06:09 AM   #17
WalterB
Basic Member

Thanks!

That is a great link!
WalterB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 06:13 AM   #18
WalterB
Basic Member

Yesterday there was an item on national news about a car getting stuck in the Waddenzee: the mudflat area in the north of The Netherlands.
Some people from the south were driven on the beach during low tide and gut stuck, only to realise they were on a mudflat and high tide was coming. The car has been there for a while now.
The original news item had chopper sounds edited to the drone footage. In a flash of creative silliness I decided to improve the sound design a bit. Because if they want to sound tough with chopper sounds, they should go all the way

https://www.facebook.com/brokxmedia/...6488899098281/
Old 03-08-2018, 09:37 AM   #19
Gabe-KC
Basic Member

I'm writing a screenplay for my cousin's 18th birthday. When we were little, we used to play a lot pretending we were superheroes, and we built an entire universe around the idea with an origin story, villains etc. It has kind of become a running joke between us through the years, even now we often recall it. So I've decided to write a movie adaptation of that idea as a birthday present. The whole story was pretty dumb and full of clichés so I'm not going to save the world with this script, but it's going to be good practice and I think she'll like it
Gabe-KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 11:22 PM   #20
mussonman
Basic Member

I got off my ass and filmed a short scene today
mussonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 01:27 PM   #21
Original
Basic Member

I've completed a logline, film treatment, and a screenplay. I cut the screenplay down to 120 pages. The movie I want to make is based on a true story.
Original is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 05:17 PM   #22
Gabe-KC
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original View Post
I've completed a logline, film treatment, and a screenplay. I cut the screenplay down to 120 pages. The movie I want to make is based on a true story.
May I ask what it's about? I'm always interested in what topics other people choose, it tells a lot about them.

You don't have to be specific, just the event it's based on is enough for me
Gabe-KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 05:53 PM   #23
WalterB
Basic Member

This week I reedited 2 newsvideos for the fun of it (see my previous post here for the first one).
They were posted on the biggest viralvideo website of The Netherlands: 250k views in total and lots of positive reactions. Eventhough those people don't know I made the videos and I'm not making any money on it, it is cool to know so many people could laugh about it :p