Home

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > IndieTalk > Welcome!

Old 04-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #1
jbueno192
Basic Member

Help fund our short horror film!!!

http://igg.me/at/abandoned-horror/x/2282207

We need donations! Please and thank you!
jbueno192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member

Old 04-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #2
NickClapper
Basic - Premiere Expired

I would certainly consider contributing to this campaign, because the video is really good. Don't really like the IGG flexible funding model though (what are your plans if you only get a couple of hundred bucks?) so I'll probably wait and see that you've got enough money.

Best of luck though! I'd recommend fleshing out the body text a bit, but other than that it's a solid campaign
NickClapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #3
welsh_gambit
Basic Member

Hey and welcome to the forum. Like Nick, I'm a little put off by the flexi funding model. If you were to change to fixed then I'd definitely chip in! you've peaked my interest in the project though and I'll be keeping an eye.
welsh_gambit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:57 AM   #4
8salacious9
Basic Member

i think your pledges are wrong $50 for a photo, name in credits and imdb, dvd, email updates and thanks?

dvd costs less then $5 photo costs less than $5 credits cost nothing.

most people are offering t-shirts at this pledge or at least an A3 sized poster.

you could even boost the pledge to $70 for a tshirt deal - from what iv seen preparing for my second campaign with better research, DVD's and T-shirts get one of the most pledges.

also you should be promoting like hell on twitter, everyone i spoke to said twitter helped to contribute at least 60% of their funds.
8salacious9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:56 AM   #5
mad_hatter
Basic - Premiere Expired

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8salacious9 View Post
i think your pledges are wrong...
I don't agree. These seem fine to me. With these things, if I were pledging $50 it would mainly because I liked the project and wanted to support it. The fact that credits and thanks are actually free, is kind-of irrelevant. Their percieved value is much greater. I'd say that $10 is actually a little low for a DVD. Based on your estimation of $5 per DVD, what if the OP got their $4000 from 400 people all donating $10? They'd need to spend half their budget on DVD's and they'd need to specify that their budget for the film was actually $2000. Realistically, buying in bulk, I think a DVD might cost between $1-$2, but it still need to be accounted for.

jbueno192... I too do not like flexible funding campaigns, for the reasons specified above. If you changed that, I'd certainly consider donating.
mad_hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:08 AM   #6
8salacious9
Basic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_hatter View Post
I don't agree. These seem fine to me. With these things, if I were pledging $50 it would mainly because I liked the project and wanted to support it. The fact that credits and thanks are actually free, is kind-of irrelevant. Their percieved value is much greater. I'd say that $10 is actually a little low for a DVD. Based on your estimation of $5 per DVD, what if the OP got their $4000 from 400 people all donating $10? They'd need to spend half their budget on DVD's and they'd need to specify that their budget for the film was actually $2000. Realistically, buying in bulk, I think a DVD might cost between $1-$2, but it still need to be accounted for.

jbueno192... I too do not like flexible funding campaigns, for the reasons specified above. If you changed that, I'd certainly consider donating.
I too think the dvd pledge at $10 is wrong, i would have went with $15-20, also i have been studying many pledges of successful campaigns, granted not all are the same however i am compiling the average norm and will be applying it to my own campaign.

I think to donate $50 for a picture and DVD is great support, but i find less people who are that willing, then again who knows, but lets see, i think it looks good in principal lets hope he has made the effort to promote his film on fbook, twitter and other websites to help push it along, this was the first mistake that i didnt do on my first campaign.
8salacious9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #7
rayw
Basic Member

Your campaign has been added to the ongoing list: http://www.indietalk.com/showthread....902#post313902

FWIW, not that it's all that unusual, but $4k for a short seems a bit much.
Otherwise, your video petition looks nice.

GL!
rayw is offline   Reply With Quote