Home

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > Making The Film > Pre-Production

Old 09-16-2014, 09:36 PM   #1
mlesemann
IndieTalk Moderator

"Detours" feature bts - part 3

IT's own Cracker Funk has been shooting a series of behind the scenes interviews with the lead actors & crew of my 2nd feature, Detours, which goes into production this coming Monday Sep 22.

Here's the latest installment, which features interviews with our director, dp, and line producer, plus a little for our 2 lead actors.

mlesemann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member

Old 09-17-2014, 01:02 PM   #2
NickClapper
Basic - Premiere Expired

Looking great Mara. The pacing of the cuts between subjects is excellent. I think I'd maybe like to see a bit more shot variety, but I understand that's tricky if you're shooting single-camera set-ups for this sort of thing. But I've seen all the BTS interviews so far and they're looking good, so nice job CF

Did you change director? I had thought that you were collaborating again with the director of Surviving Family, but maybe that was just a daydream...
NickClapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:29 PM   #3
mlesemann
IndieTalk Moderator

Thanks Nick!
When we are in production, starting next week, we anticipate more variety in camera angles. We didn't have many choices on these first ones

Tks for noticing re director (now I know you've been paying attention!). Unfortunately we had to make a change. Laura Thies , who directed Surviving Family, is German and unfortunately we were not able to get the needed O1 visa. We interviewed a number of people and I'm really glad we picked Rob as he has a real rapport with both lead actors and really "gets " the story.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:38 PM   #4
NickClapper
Basic - Premiere Expired

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlesemann View Post
Tks for noticing re director (now I know you've been paying attention!).
Of course I've been paying attention – you're this forum's secret big shot (I only say secret because you don't make a big song and dance about it).

Detours has a fantastic cast and I'm excited to see where it goes (no pun intended).
NickClapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 02:48 PM   #5
Adeimantus
Basic - Premiere Expired

This looks great. Will definitely keep an eye on you guys!
Adeimantus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:08 PM   #6
Cracker Funk
Basic Member

I think Rob will do an excellent job. I get a really positive vibe from him, and he and Chris seem to have a great relationship.

Nick, I appreciate your compliments, and agree with your critique. These first few vids have been nothing but talking-heads, and that's not something I'm super crazy about. For preproduction, it really wasn't feasible for us to do anything else, though.

As Mara alluded to, the meat-and-potatoes of what she hired me for takes place during production. Whereas everything you've seen up until now was filmed in just a handful of interviews, I'll be on set for almost 50% of the production! I'm chomping at the bit to get some kick-ass footage. Mind you, that doesn't mean that talking-heads won't still exist, but I'll definitely be able to do a lot more than break up the visual monotony.
Cracker Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:42 AM   #7
mlesemann
IndieTalk Moderator

Thanks for the kind words guys!
We go into production on Monday so it's an exciting time indeed.

I'd certainly appreciate it if you could "like" Detours on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/DetoursFeatureFilm

We share still photos as well as the videos on there, plus news & information on where we are & what we're doing next.