Your dream festival (US)

To keep things interesting let's take Sundance out of the running. Which film festival would you most like to go to for your US premier, and why?

Lots of things may come into play:

-caliber of selected films
-amount of press/exposure
-esteem
-geographic location
-festival staff
-accommodations
-awards
-catchy name?

TRIED TO MAKE THIS A POLL BUT FAILED:

Atlanta
Nashville
Newport Beach
San Francisco International
Seattle International
Slamdance
South By Southwest
Telluride
Tribeca
Other

Thanks. :) I'll definitely report back with details worth sharing. So far I have a lot of homework to do with all the required materials... and I'm OK with that! Were we still living back in Ventura, I'd be able to easily attend. Now that we're here in Boston I'm not sure I can swing the travel expenses. Although I do have a lot of friends I can stay with in the L.A. area. Hmmm.... :rolleyes:

Crazy I went to brooks institute in Ventura

Crazy I went to brooks institute in Ventura

Very cool. :cool: I've heard good things about that school. We loved that area. My wife and I lived there for three years up until this past September when we moved (kicking and screaming) back to our roots/family in New England, landing in the Boston area. Boy do I miss the weather and wine tasting. :yes:

We shot Mulligan's Island up in Ojai and all of my music videos (excluding the one I'm working on now) were shot in and around Ventura and Ventura County.

You're down in L.A. now working in the biz?

Back