How shall I spend 1000 dollars ?

Hello!
IM really happy to say that i won a film competition in my country,im 16 years old,so they gave me the chance of upgrading my gear .They are giving me 1 thousand dollars that I MUST spend on filmmaking gear.

So what shall I do ?

Im using Canon 550D . I have some descent lights and im not sure what to do.Shall I get new lenses?Some sort of rig?
Please recommend me something and help me to do the right choice!

I would like some sort of stabilization system but they are quite expensive.

I saw this on ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DSLR-Rig-...80?pt=UK_Tripods_Monopods&hash=item3cbdc7285c

But I things it's too cheap and im not sure if i should trust that ..

Please help,never though ill have this problem though ! :lol:

There are thousands of fledgling composers, just as there are fledgling filmmakers, who are willing to score a short or even a feature for just the experience and a chance to expand their reel and resume. That's even cheaper than a stock music library - which thousands of other filmmakers are dipping into as well.

I'm kidding. LOL.

-Get a decent lens for a decent price that can be used all around (and if you don't have the 50mm 1.8 yet then definitely get your hands on one. it's always good to have a fast lens in your bag).
-Boom mic + Recorder
-Extra batteries and SD cards

Don't waste your money on those over priced rigs. Just go the DIY or cheap route. They might not look the same, but they'll do the job for you.

P.S. that rig you posted doesn't look very good. lol. but that's just my opinion. :)

Back