• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch The Care Package

I thought I'd share my latest action-vfx short film, "The Care Package". It was my first time shooting in low light conditions and I used a canon 50mm 1.4, and I was fairly impressed with its superb ability in low light :)

anyway, here she is (watch in HD on YouTube for best experience!!!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6_zBYcasws

Nice! Your effects have gotten a lot better since you started! But there's always room for improvement!

Nice props and stuff; good location too.

I think the camera was a bit too shaky, but that's just my opinion. Also, I think the editing could be a little tighter. For what little events happen, it's a little dragged out. For example, there's a second delay for a door opens, or before someone walks in. It could be cut a little shorter.

Great job overall. Last thing: i think you could've made a sort of "grand unveiling" of the care package at the end, with the squad all gathered around it - some dramatic music and camera angles. All you had was a quick peek.

I'm sure you could do a lot more with the sound too, but I don't know much about that.

Nice! Your effects have gotten a lot better since you started! But there's always room for improvement!

Nice props and stuff; good location too.

I think the camera was a bit too shaky, but that's just my opinion. Also, I think the editing could be a little tighter. For what little events happen, it's a little dragged out. For example, there's a second delay for a door opens, or before someone walks in. It could be cut a little shorter.

Great job overall. Last thing: i think you could've made a sort of "grand unveiling" of the care package at the end, with the squad all gathered around it - some dramatic music and camera angles. All you had was a quick peek.

I'm sure you could do a lot more with the sound too, but I don't know much about that.

Thanks for the advice, I was thinking of cutting closer and refining my cuts to keep it fast paced.

As for the end I know exactly what you mean! I had a shot list that called for like 5 different angles except i ran out of space on my card and I had to delete some minor scenes just to get that one clip in. Normally if I don't finish I would go back the next day, except two of the three squad members were home on break from college and were leaving the next day so I had to get it in then.

Well, Bro. You're videos are great for the Youtube Audience. They feel like a video game! Loads of people love them. I for one am not a huuge fan of them, but credit where it's due! Looks sweet for what you went for!

Back