Dudes, hows the blues?

I know!
Pink Floyd is a love as well xD

There I'm with you 100%. My guitar playing owes more than a little to listening to way too much Pink Floyd as a kid. Love a bit of prog...King Crimson, Yes, early Genesis, Jethro Tull. "Echoes" is one of my favorite songs!

Oddly enough, I'm working on an acoustic blues song right now to wrap up a film score. My playing is still more folk-y than blues-y, but blues enough that it's recognizable (I think!)

Speaking of folk, my favorite Zep song is easily "Battle of Evermore", featuring the fantastic Sandy Denny from Fairport Convention. She also worked briefly with Strawbs, one of my favorites. They're sort of folk meets prog rock, not to everyone's taste, but Grave New World is an amazing album (as well as Baroque & Roll, which is the acoustic incarnation of the band doing a sort of "greatest hits"). Dave Cousins has sort of a love-it-or-hate-it voice though.

Tangents. Babble. Pink Floyd: good stuff!

There I'm with you 100%. My guitar playing owes more than a little to listening to way too much Pink Floyd as a kid. Love a bit of prog...King Crimson, Yes, early Genesis, Jethro Tull. "Echoes" is one of my favorite songs!

Oddly enough, I'm working on an acoustic blues song right now to wrap up a film score. My playing is still more folk-y than blues-y, but blues enough that it's recognizable (I think!)

Speaking of folk, my favorite Zep song is easily "Battle of Evermore", featuring the fantastic Sandy Denny from Fairport Convention. She also worked briefly with Strawbs, one of my favorites. They're sort of folk meets prog rock, not to everyone's taste, but Grave New World is an amazing album (as well as Baroque & Roll, which is the acoustic incarnation of the band doing a sort of "greatest hits"). Dave Cousins has sort of a love-it-or-hate-it voice though.

Tangents. Babble. Pink Floyd: good stuff!

When ya get it done Josh, you'll have to put it onto soundcloud or something. I am intrigued :D

I have a lot of respect for Blues writers because it's a lot harder to write that kind of music than it may appear. I guess the bottom line is that if you don't have the blues in you, you can't get it into your song. As a composer I do like writing sad stuff, but it always comes out differently.

I have a lot of respect for Blues writers because it's a lot harder to write that kind of music than it may appear. I guess the bottom line is that if you don't have the blues in you, you can't get it into your song. As a composer I do like writing sad stuff, but it always comes out differently.

I tried to write a blues song. It didn't go to well as I am more of a country type guitarist.
Singing wise, I suit none of the musical genres haha xD

Back