What camera do you use?

I hope this is the right Sub thread to post this.

I'm fairly new to making short films and Im curious to know what kinds of camera's other people use and what kind of lenses you use the most?

Some of the films I've seen posted here have some very unique looks to them.

So which camera and lenses do you use?

I'm using a Lumix GH2 with a variety of lenses.

14-42mm 3.5f kit lens
20mm 1.8f pancake
50mm 1.8f prime
And just got a 14-45mm today I've yet to play with.

I'm a newbie around here also. Still putting my kit together. But I have a Sony fs100. As far as lens go, I have a Tokina 11-17 2.8 (ef mount), 35-105 3.5 (fd mount), 50 1.4 (fd mount), and 22 2.8 (fd mount). Hope to pick up a canon ef-s 17-55 2.8 soon. Eventually I'd like to get some more primes.

I just got a Canon 7D, but I've been using a JVC GZ-HD7 with a DOF adapter with some Canon FD lenses. The footage from that is nice, but it would benefit from a more precise setting of the ground glass holder...

@DeJager

Dude, it's a cool website, love the colors!
I also liked the still shots, but playing around with it got me seasick and nearly lost it.
Really, it don't take much to get me dizzy as hell with that kind of movement on the screen :)

Any of the links have a movie attached?
Maybe this Win-7 browser can't see it !

(Digital)Nikon D7000, 20mm, 24mm, 28mm, 35mm, 50mm, 55mm Macro, 105mm, 200mm, 18-105mm, 28-70mm.
(Film) Eclair NPR Ultra16, 5.7mm, 10mm, 12-120mm, and any of my Nikon lenses.
(Film) K3 Ultra16, 17- 105mm, 12mm.

Canon 5D Mk ii.
Lenses generally Canon 70-200 L, 24-70 L, 50mm 1.4 and 16-35 L.
I don't really do much switching outside of these guys, but instead rely on my steadycam and shoulder mount stuff to get some more interesting shots.

I saved up forever to be able to get a cheap Canon 7D with the "Nifty Fifty" lens. It's a decent camera, with great prosumer DOF, in my opinion. Paired with its versatility, I've made a lot of decent projects with it. I'll probably own it for a good amount of time.

Last edited:
Currently trying to figure out how to leverage my current Canon XL1s setup and some other random gear into a Canon t2i and some storage cards and a broad lens that will cover just about everything I need to do... lens collection to come later.

Back