DIY RAMPAGE CONTINUES... (REFLECTOR)

9933795_924e5be230_o.jpg

This sucker stands 9 feet tall.

A little PVC, two 2' x 4' quarter inch plywood sheets, some 2x4" ends, some bolts (3/8" for the plywood sections) and wingnuts, rubber washer in-between...

The reflective stuff is Reflectix, found in the insulation aisle.

Also, there's a mirror mounted on the back of the middle section for hard light. It makes it heavy.

The dimensions are 3' + 3' +2' on the vertical. There's a 3' section that juts forward on the ground to make an isosceles triangle at the front. Another 1' pipe juts backward from a T on the ground for stability.

9933794_01aafad246.jpg

9933793_8191d9b313.jpg

I'm currently testing the stability. I added a cross beam of wood on the bottom section because it was very necessary. It hasn't fallen over. The mirror part does sway with wind though, moving your beam of light around.

Thicker PVC is possible, as is steel/aluminum.

I'm also testing my new anamorphic lens and adaptor:

9933796_ba5d72a228.jpg

This cheap wooden baseplate now mounts to a tripod or to the shoulder mount I pitched previously.

So, I'm big time in preparation for my next short film, a crime drama. If anyone wants to critique the script, email me. I have my cast, and I'm waiting to get the ball rolling, now that I have the necessary equipment.

Back