• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Scooter Animation

I was assigned to make a short scooter animation to practice repeating backgrounds or surroundings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bhVAyVVmLA

Any comments or feedback is greatly appreciated!

Very nice.

What programs did you use for the illustrations and the NLE?
And about how long did it take just to make eight seconds of story?

I drew everything in Flash Professional CS6 except for the first repeating background with buildings which I did in Illustrator.

The entire thing took me about 6 hours over the course of a few days. I'm still learning, so there were a lot of mistakes with keyframes and I had a problem with the alpha levels and some of the project being transparent.

Glad you liked it!

You gotta do this for school? A one-and-done sorta deal? (Learning curve thrown right out the window, essentially! Ha! Bastards.)
Or do you gotta/get/plan to do more of these?

Yeah this was all for school. After this project we work on a lip sync video. We are doing short projects to just learn the basics, but I do plan on attempting to create some sort of animation series based off of what I learned.

I find the animation process really interesting and challenging.

I find the animation process really interesting and challenging.
Pfft. Yeah. No kidding.
Real challenging.
I really don't like the idea of attempting either traditional cell animation or stop motion.
Both look horribly time consuming with stiff penalties for error.

Groaaaan.

GL!
Hope to see the progression of your work.

The worst thing I have seen is Norman McLaren's tutorial on animation,where a poor girl had to reposition a paper cut out circle 1000 times! (correct me if I am wrong pls) in order to get super smooth motion. You can do it in 2 clicks nowadays. Sooooo painful to watch.

But well done animation is sooo cool!

Back