• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Using DVD Studio Pro

I'm using DVD Studio Pro and I'm trying to make a menu for the first time. I've learned how to link the buttons to different chapter markers, however I'm having difficulty adding the video above the buttons. I have the 15 minute video in one sequence, with about 8 chapter markers. I guess what I'm asking is how do I separate, or edit, certain clips from my sequence in DVDSP to add above the buttons as a preview video?

I'm using DVD Studio Pro and I'm trying to make a menu for the first time. I've learned how to link the buttons to different chapter markers, however I'm having difficulty adding the video above the buttons. I have the 15 minute video in one sequence, with about 8 chapter markers. I guess what I'm asking is how do I separate, or edit, certain clips from my sequence in DVDSP to add above the buttons as a preview video?
If you are working off of a template. drag your video from the assets panel into the button or area you wish it to play. once you do that, you can set loop points in the menu at the lower right. They work independently for the loop points you set for the menu. fyi, if you drag the video into the background, it will play full screen behind all your buttons. This is useful if you've designed the video as such. You can customize your buttons and content areas in another menu at the lower right as well. You can start with any template, then interchange items from other templates.

Back