Another New Member

Hello everyone,

I am a tyro hobbyist Horror and Sci-Fi short filmmaker. I recently joined Indie Talk to learn and discuss with others about filmmaking.

I initial started photography last year mainly to capture pictures related to my various music-related activities and projects, and later that expanded into videography for music videos. As I purchased additional video production equipment and studied more about the filmmaking process, I became highly interested in creating my own Horror and Sci-Fi short films, which are my favorite movie genres.

With that said, while writing various short scripts and obtaining as much knowledge as possible about small-scale independent filmmaking, I am in the process of establishing the necessary business and legal related components in order to proceed forward, within a defined annual budget, with my first short film effort.

Lastly, I will be working with a local indie film studio on their latest short film, which will serve as a good learning experience for my own future projects.

congratulations on being interested in the right genre!

horror is special, you dont need a celebrity to sell a horror film.
You need a star, but in horror the star can be a monster, etc and people will pay you to see it.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

congratulations on being interested in the right genre!

horror is special, you dont need a celebrity to sell a horror film.
You need a star, but in horror the star can be a monster, etc and people will pay you to see it.

:thumbsup:

This statement is very true. As a big horror movie fan, I am extremely look forward to creating my own official horror short films. Fortunately, horror is a genre that is very budget and independent studio friendly, and has a strong fan base.

I plan to also create a few Sci-Fi short films as well, but that will be later down the line when I improve my VFX skills in Fusion 9 Studio and HitFilm Pro 8. However, my primary focus will always be dedicated to horror short films.

I typically dont enjoy horror movies so I've always assumed I would be bad at making them.
but hell maybe it means I'd make a better one than all the crap out there :)

maybe one day I'll give it a shot. I've been focused on crime thrillers myself

Back