StudentFilms.com forums...

I just wanted to ask this. Why the hell are those people so unfriendly? I hate those forums. Everyone here is awesome. But for the most part, everyone at StudentFilms is an a-hole. I mean the site itself is great, but the forums are just terrible. :hmm:

Ben,

I've not been to StudentFilms, so I don't know the situation there. I can tell you that there will always be people who want to help you and some, not so much. I've been to a number of other boards and I would agree that the members here go over and above to help. My advice, who needs the extra stress of forums like the one you describe, spend your time here :) .

Unless of course your friends are the undesirable lot that inhabit nearly every other filmmaking forum on the planet.. in which case if you tell them anything it's that I said to go to hell. ;) haha

Yes ... and tell your friends to spend their time here as well.

That could be why we have so many helpful people. You get a few good people to spread the word to others (who are most likely good people) and you soon have a good community.

Bensmerglia, I so agree with you. I have my movie on there and they bashed the heck out of it. And yes they do seem like a holes. Thats why I spend most my time here. IndieTalk rules..

This is one of the friendliest forums, film or otherwise, that I've ever encountered online. It's also one of the most intelligent. Friendly + intelligent = good combination to me. Unfortunately, most forums just seem to have attracted the antisocial types. Though an "antisocial forum" seems kind of ironic to me.

xuetang said:
This is one of the friendliest forums

Damn right. Being a 'newbie' I have been constantly assualted the moderators with personal messages for some time now, and even though no-one else on the site would know whatever they did, they have time and time again, given me invaluable answers. They went above and beyond any call of duty that may be made to them in their official capacity as moderators. :yes:
Thanks to all the moderators and experienced members who have gone beyond who have done so much for me, when they had no inclination to, other than the desire to help. :clap:
Thats what makes Indietalk a forum, I for one, am proud to be a part of.
zoolio

hahaha well lets see...

the guys here have been doing what they do for some time know.

over they they all got into it to make money or get dates with big name stars.

over here we are a bit older.

over there they are all STUDENTS so kids more or less.

over here we are here to help.

over there its first to fight.

or i could be talking out my yin yang

John Jordan said:
hahaha well lets see...

the guys here have been doing what they do for some time know.

over they they all got into it to make money or get dates with big name stars.

over here we are a bit older.

over there they are all STUDENTS so kids more or less.

over here we are here to help.

over there its first to fight.

or i could be talking out my yin yang

JJ--I would agree with you...but I see that we have all types here at IndieTalk. Newbies, pros, young, and old. What sets IndieTalk apart from the rest is that our members generally maintain a level of decency and respect when dealing with others. Those who don't quickly find out they are in the wrong place, and they leave for a more hostile environment (where they feel at home :( ). Your last two lines, though, are dead on -- IndieTalk members like to help our peers, whereas other sites...well...don't.

I can't speak highly enough about the members of this site!

I'm sorry that you've had a bad experience on my site's forums. Studentfilms.com is a great site and has a great forum community - we did have some bad apples in the past on the forums - but they should have been dealt with.

Take care.

-Chris
Studentfilms.com

Back