Home

Go Back   IndieTalk - Indie Film Forum > Showcase > Screening Room > Narrative

Old 09-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #1
brandonf.roberts
Basic Member

New video. Game Gone 3:50. Let me know what you think please.

I would very much appreciate it if you guys would watch and give me your opinions

In this improv short a guys game goes missing. Causing him to takes extreme measures and blame his best friend.

brandonf.roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today   #1A
film guy
Basic Member

Old 09-03-2013, 09:55 PM   #2
D_Vakharia
Basic Member

Hey really enjoyed your video! The acting is what really made it funny for me haha. Do you guys do improv classes? Or just improv for fun? I also do short comedy skits and I've been wanting to apply more improv to my stuff. I see you're a new channel on Youtube. Keep pumping out videos once or twice a week to build an audience. I always get lazy and don't post for months and it really keeps my channel from growing. So I advise you to start strong while you're channel is new!
From a technical standpoint it looked good. I noticed some AC hum in the background of the sound. This is something I'm learning to get rid of as well. What are you recording sound with?
One thing I thought might have made it better was @ 1:40-1:41 to cut to him "dodging the bullet" sooner. Otherwise it kind of looks like a very slow traveling bullet lol. But overall it was great! Keep up the good work!
D_Vakharia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #3
ChimpPhobiaFilms
Account Disabled

The audio isn't very good. The audio isn't very crisp, and there is some ugly hissing. Remember to set your levels.

There are some dark areas, the first one I saw was at 0:18. You should always light your scene.

It's a bit slow. Comedy shouldn't bore, which was exactly what this short film did. Pick up the pace.

The dialogue is very unrealistic. Do you think someone would actually say "No, he's my friend. He wouldn't do that to me. No." to themselves?

Not very exciting, tense, or funny. Faster editing and music

Anyway, the film had some nice shots, a couple of good jokes, and some fun moments.
ChimpPhobiaFilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 11:19 PM   #4
brandonf.roberts
Basic Member

@D_Vakharia
Quote:
Hey really enjoyed your video! The acting is what really made it funny for me haha. Do you guys do improv classes? Or just improv for fun? I also do short comedy skits and I've been wanting to apply more improv to my stuff. I see you're a new channel on Youtube. Keep pumping out videos once or twice a week to build an audience. I always get lazy and don't post for months and it really keeps my channel from growing. So I advise you to start strong while you're channel is new!
From a technical standpoint it looked good. I noticed some AC hum in the background of the sound. This is something I'm learning to get rid of as well. What are you recording sound with?
One thing I thought might have made it better was @ 1:40-1:41 to cut to him "dodging the bullet" sooner. Otherwise it kind of looks like a very slow traveling bullet lol. But overall it was great! Keep up the good work!
Yeah we usually decide to do scripted shorts but i decide i wanted to do some improve for once just because its awesome fun and you never know what you're going to get. I think if you want to do improve just do. And i record on some lavalieres straight into the camera. And lol yeah your right I should have cut that a little bit.

thank you guys for your input.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:20 PM   #5
brandonf.roberts
Basic Member

And @ChimpPhobiaFilms
thank you for always giving me your input. i appreciate it.
Old 09-03-2013, 11:29 PM   #6
ChimpPhobiaFilms
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonf.roberts View Post
And @ChimpPhobiaFilms
thank you for always giving me your input. i appreciate it.
You're welcome! I hope to see more from you
ChimpPhobiaFilms is offline   Reply With Quote