I'm going to do it!

sfoster

Staff Member
Life is for the living.
I am going to make a great short film!

The script is 3 pages, and it will take me about a year and a half to shoot.
It's a super hero action comedy

I've also got a separate, one-day crime-thriller set to film on march 9th.

Damn i am up a good amount of lbs already!! Gaining weight was a whole lot easier than I thought it would be. And I can now touch my thumbs and knuckles to the ground.. can nearly palm it.

Going to have to get to work on my storyboards asap to film my fat scenes

I am a fat bastard now. Especially now that I got a food stamp card. Oh yes for the first time in my life I am getting some government assistance to make myself an unhealthy weight.

Up to 225 lbs now :P
And I can palm the floor!!

Still need to work a lot on my slide splits and hip flexors. I'm figuring it out.

And I need to turn a wheelchair into a rick shaw

Cut the front wheels off of the wheelchair and use rigid metal electrical conduit for the handles. You can wrap the ends of the handles with gaffer tape or get a pair of bicycle handle grips.

Cut the front wheels off of the wheelchair and use rigid metal electrical conduit for the handles. You can wrap the ends of the handles with gaffer tape or get a pair of bicycle handle grips.

For the rick shaw part, the wheelchair would be facing backward running ahead of the actors. for wheelchair from behind i think someone could just run and push it.

Does that makes sense or did i misunderstand you with cutting the front wheels off

Is this going to be used like an actual rickshaw or for something else?

I guess like a reverse rickshaw.
Here is a picture of my inspiration from the film Death Sentence.. best foot chase ever made

death-sentence.png

My recommendation still holds. The only real difference is that the handles will extend to the rear instead of the front. Mount the handles just under the armrests.

ETA: You might want to install a seat belt as well.

My friend ended up having some bike pulled rickshaw things we can modify so that should handle it for the chase..

Update.. I am not getting any fatter, I started to get stretch marks so now I'm cutting back on the food and applying retinol :/ lol.

Fat enough that I can lose 1/3 of my body weight for the transformation
Also expanding the length of the script to about 10 pages.

Well I've had two girls turn down the part now after seeing the script, it was too risqué for them. Even though there is no nudity. It will definitely make waves.. just might be harder than I thought to get this part cast

Is there one specific thing/scene that they object to? If so, is it possible to re-write a bit to make it more palatable?

Definitely is not possible to rewrite.. it's the defining moment that the entire script is based around. the superhero origin. i simply have to find a willing actress. But good news is my partner is willing to throw in some money to help hire her, that should make my search easier

Last edited:
I'm really curious to see it when it's finished!

A budget to hire the actress can really help: not only to get someone more pro, but also to get someone from further away if that's what it takes.

Just wrote a dream sequence where my character wakes up in a field full of topless women and meets god.

:lol:

I'm guessing I'll end up writing that out for budgetary reasons. :no:

:lol:

Don't give up so easily...

Add Venetian Carnaval masks and you may be able to find a dozen of women for that scene.
Casting call in the right place, making sure to shoot on a warm sunny day. (Or during sunset/magic hour of such a day.)

Last edited:
Well damn, I scared off my DOP/Producer partner with the script!!

He said he wants to make films that he is comfortable showing his family. I can't fault him for that. It's edgy and he's been there 100% for the other productions, but damn, I have to be in front of the camera for this one so it doesn't leave me a lot of options.

I'm going to need to recruit some more help or it won't happen.

So does the year and a half include pre production or is it just the shooting and post? Seems like many months have passed, what's the progress? Have you shot some of it or are you still preparing everything for that? I know the last short I did, we wrote for about 2 months, took a 9 month hiatus, came back with better/refined ideas, finished writing, began pre-production (building, testing lighting patterns, testing sound, etc). We shot in two days and edited in about a week (after work most nights).

Totally asking this just out of curiosity and research, not like, "dude wtf why is your short taking so long"

hope ya understand ;)

I got stuck on the locations for a long time, I knew where I wanted the last half of the script to go but I had this massive writer/director block over where to film it at.

But yeah it'll take a year or more to do this after starting, for the actor transformation to be dramatic

Last edited:
Back