Can I trust ebay and amazon?

How trust worthy are Ebay and Amazon? I have never purchased anything online,so I was hoping to take some opinion here before I buy a used t3i on ebay. What happens if the product isn't functioning well?

just make sure they have a 30 day return policy. they are trustworthy because you can tell ebay the product wasn't as described and you wish to return it. Amazon as well.

Anything with paypal is good since you can file a claim if a product is defective.
but yes, ebay and amazon are good, while they may not always be as safe, for the most part they are.

On eBay always make sure that you read the fine print in the ad. Quite a few sellers do not allow returns or exchanges. Some have extremely limited return policies (7 or 14 days, you pay return freight). Look for frequent sellers with positive feedback ratings.

Amazon is a bit more friendly, but again, always read the fine print.

I've made nearly 400 purchases from eBay, and probably 50 from Amazon. Only got screwed once on eBay, and PayPal reimbursed me 100%. But, like Alcove says, read the seller's policies before bidding.

I don't like ebay at all but use Amazon quite frequently. If the retailer is Amazon itself there's no need to worry. But if you're buying from another retailer on Amazon, look for their reviews and rating to make sure they're quality. There is usually a return period where you can send the box back.

return policy is not specified. Any advices?

Send him a message via Ebay, and ask what the return policy is :)

Btw, keep all correspondence & transactions within the Ebay system. If they suggest discussing the details via regular email, don't do it. If they suggest paying outside of official Ebay methods, don't do it. Ebay will have no record or proof of who said/did what, if someone gets shorted. Don't cut any corners, and stick to Ebay's guidelines.

He has 100% positive feedback

Did you read their actual history? I just took a quick glance, and there was one person claiming they never received their item at all. It's possible that that situation was eventually resolved, and everyone's happy now. Just sayin' you gotta keep an eye open, is all. :)

And only 7 of the 61 total feedbacks were as a seller. There are a couple of red flags (for me) on this one, but if it's a really amazing deal I might risk it, particularly since PaisaPay has a 100% replacement or refund guarantee.

I use amazon all the time, haven't had any problems. I even accidentally clicked "One day shipping" and they gave it to me for free when I tried to call to change it, as it was already shipped.

Back